• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stairgate ok for bunnies?

If the gaps are a bit big just pop some wooden/plastic trellisy stuff over it :wave:
I have a crazy collection of baby gates :oops:

Alfie and Bubbles could probably step through the bars without touching the sides. :lol::lol::lol: Well, Alfie would ..... Bubbles wouldn't have the brains or the courage to try it. :oops: :lol:

You could put a piece of plywood across, painted to match the room. We had to do this years ago when we got a puppy who realised she could squeeze through. :lol:

How big are the gaps? I think mine are about 2 inches :?

I probbaly exaggerated slightly about them not touching the sides. ;) I think the gaps vary though. The one in the link looks as though it has wider spacing than the wooden ones we had for when the kids were little.

Thanks guys will be looking for one with smaller gaps not sure how big Carlo is yet as he isn't here yet, but Bobby's bum is too big to squeeze through

:wave: That looks like the baby gate I have. I've put 2 Nic cube panels on the outside and secured with cable ties (put on the outside so that the door part can still swing open).

The pet gates usually have smaller gaps and are taller as well although for a while mine used to sqeeze through and i could hear them out but when i went up they would be back in their bedroom being good:lol:

I attached some corrugated plastic to my baby gate so that Jack couldn't squeeze through it. (He does chew it a bit when he's angry and wants to get out of the pet room **now** lol but it works well!)

Pic:

P1060088.jpg

We had to choose a screw-fitting one because our doorway was too narrow for the normal one but I do like the fact it opens fully so I'm happy with it. :p

I have done a similar thing with ours. We bought wooden ones and attached plywood to the bottomwith cable ties.

About 10 years ago one of my dwarf lops got startled and suddenly dashed through the baby gate except he only got half way through before his hips got stuck. Thankfully I was there at the time or I think he would have dislocated them both :?

Back