• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apples and diddy buns

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
I dont often feed my rabbits apple, I know its not good for their teeth, in fact, I never BUY them apples, but if I buy myself one as a treat, I share it with them (I like Pink Ladies so it is a treat...!!)

My OH bought back a small apple for them from work..... I dont want to give them the whole thing at once, baring in mind how diddy they are....

So

I was thinking:

How about giving them one quarter this morning, and another quarter in the evening and the same tomorrow?? Between them thats only a quarter a day which I think is ok....

What do you think?

I dont want to waste the apple which is why I thought spreading it over 2 days was a better idea, lol.

I think this is ok, they really love it, well, mine do anyway. If I do give the any, I share one apple between all 5 of them. I love watching and listening to them all munch it together, they snatch their bit from my hand and run off to eat it so that the other buns cant steal it from them

I think this is ok, they really love it, well, mine do anyway. If I do give the any, I share one apple between all 5 of them. I love watching and listening to them all munch it together, they snatch their bit from my hand and run off to eat it so that the other buns cant steal it from them

Thank you :)

I chop mine up so they have a bit each but Winnie always finishes hers before Rimmi and he has to run for his life..... or apple at least, hahahaha

My bunnys go wild for apple :shock: nearly munched my hand off when i went into the run with apple the other day! :lol:
I generally share one apple between 5 bunnys - depipped and chopped up, and i hide it around the shed so they have to work for it :lol:

I chop an apple into 6....each bunny, a bit for Ruby the parrot and a bit for me,else I dont get any!!!!:shock:

I share an apple a day between 2 rabbits and 2 cavys! Won't hurt them if you give them a little bit extra IMO!

My bunnys go wild for apple :shock: nearly munched my hand off when i went into the run with apple the other day! :lol:
I generally share one apple between 5 bunnys - depipped and chopped up, and i hide it around the shed so they have to work for it :lol:

If I did that, Rimmi would probably have none..... Winter has an AMAZING nose whereas Rimmi would just be digging me to demand apple instead of looking... hehehe.

If I did that, Rimmi would probably have none..... Winter has an AMAZING nose whereas Rimmi would just be digging me to demand apple instead of looking... hehehe.

I dont make the challenge to hard for em :lol: mainly because my lot are daft as brushs and wouldnt have the sense to dig out apple or rip open toilet roll tubes to get to it :lol:

But mine are only very diddy... Rimmi is like 900g and Winter is 1000g!! Haha

of course, what was I thinking! :lol: I actually forgot they were tinys... my guys are about six times heavier than that so I guess they would need a lot less apple! I would just chop it up and save the rest in the fridge! The skin may go brown, but my guys don't complain about that!

of course, what was I thinking! :lol: I actually forgot they were tinys... my guys are about six times heavier than that so I guess they would need a lot less apple! I would just chop it up and save the rest in the fridge! The skin may go brown, but my guys don't complain about that!

Hehe, I have been, I gave them another bit just now and they have scoffed the apple first, then a bit of carrot and the cabbage always goes last!!

Back