• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Make Mine Chocolate U/D 30th March

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Hello lovely people.

I just wanted to say thank you to the folks who have already got on board with the Make Mine Chocolate! campaign and in particular the offers of help with our recent press initiative.

To those of you who gave us permission to use their photos, they have been of great importance and I am glad to say that we have heard today that two papers have printed the story.

Hopefully some more will pick up on the issue and publish in the run up to Easter.

We are not resting on our laurels and more press releases will be sent.

If you see anything in your local papers, please consider sending us a copy or scanning and e-mailing in. The more coverage the better and the more we can go to the pet industry with evidence of what really happens when bunnies aren't taken on with prior cosideration for their care.

All contact details available here...http://makeminechocolate.co.uk/contact_us.php

Thank you!

Helen

Last edited:
Thank you both, just heard (and seen) that another paper has also printed the story. From little acorns and all that.............

We are hoping that the combination of the series of press releases followed up by letters and stories sent in by you all out there covering your local angle to the problem, we can make just a few more people (well actually we are hoping for a lot more!) listen and realise that this is a massive, massive problem.

So good folks, please get writing to your local paper and tell them what you think about the plight of the rabbit and try and tell them why so often it's linked to impulse purchases if you can. At the very least, tell them how so many people don't do their homework and the bunnies are the ones that ultimately suffer.

Oh, I hope something gets published in our area but I never buy the paper! (too skint)

Let me know if you find out anyone has published it though.... but I wouldnt be surprised if the papers 'round here were full of the Gold Cup exclusively (I hate Gold Cup, Cheltenham is packed with PEOPLE, eugh!!)

Maybe next week would be a better bet, let me know if I can help at all and let me know if my handsome man or beautiful girl makes it onto anything......

Oh, I hope something gets published in our area but I never buy the paper! (too skint)

Let me know if you find out anyone has published it though.... but I wouldnt be surprised if the papers 'round here were full of the Gold Cup exclusively (I hate Gold Cup, Cheltenham is packed with PEOPLE, eugh!!)

Maybe next week would be a better bet, let me know if I can help at all and let me know if my handsome man or beautiful girl makes it onto anything......

Rimmi has definitely booked his place on something for MMC! I feel sure of that - handsome fella.

I'll post on this thread, any articles that we hear about...........

Article Printed

Just had this from one of our supporters in Germany, who has got a piece published in the forces Magazine Sixth Sense.

Thanks to Elizabeth for getting us noticed.

SixthSenseArticle.jpg

Should you see articles printed in your local paper that mention the Make Mine Chocolate! campaign, the please let us know and if you can send us a copy!

Thank you.

I will check the local papers, I normally read them as I walk round Asda/tesco :wave: if I spot the article I will buy it :D Last year Alice found it while cleaning out her buns as the article was then appropriately recycled and went on to help her buns :lol:

Rimmi looked fab on his MMC ad!

Almost all of the local, regional and national papers can be 'helped' to understand that there is an issue via email to their 'contact us' and comment sections.

I assume that MMC might have already done this but a few more can't hurt.

Almost all of the local, regional and national papers can be 'helped' to understand that there is an issue via email to their 'contact us' and comment sections.

I assume that MMC might have already done this but a few more can't hurt.

MMC have written to every (or nearly every!) newspaper in the UK, national, local, and trade...........and we are now just starting on the magazines.

Local papers always prefer something with a local angle so if some of you folks want to write a piece for submission and mention MMC! then obviously we'd be very happy.

Daily Mirror Today tomorrow the world.... well the BBC at least.

Just to let you know that today the Mirror carried a small article about Make Mine Chocolate!

DailyMirror29Mar2010.jpg

It has also appeared on the web site http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/03/29/pet-rabbits-are-not-just-for-easter-115875-22145818/

Anne Mitchell from Make Mine Chocolate! (and RWA) is giving two interviews this week, one tomorrow and one Friday.

"BBC Radio Cambridgeshire are set to interview Anne Mitchell from Make Mine Chocolate at (around) 07.20 hours on Tuesday 30th March 2010 about the Easter campaign to raise awareness that Rabbits shouldn’t be bought as gifts and presents. Tune in to 95.7 FM or 96.0 FM to hear what Anne Mitchell has to say about the campaign."

"BBC Wales are scheduled to interview Anne Mitchell from Make Mine Chocolate! at 10.00 hours on Good Friday 2nd April 2010 about its Easter campaign to raise awareness that Rabbits should not be bought on impulse or bought as gifts and presents particuarly at Easter time. Tune in to 105 – 106 FM to hear what Anne Mitchell has to say about the campaign."

Back