• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bales of Hay - near Rugby

Rachie

Mama Doe
I know there's a few of us that live over this way so I'm hoping someone can help/give me an answer

I'm after somewhere I can buy bales of hay from on a fairly regulary basis :lol:

I've tried calling a few places to ask if they do them but I'm finding that farmers a grumpy lot :lol:

Any ideas people? :D

if you are Leicester side of Rugby then there is Claybrooke feeds.at Claybrooke Parva...the hay is normally ok but best to have a look at it..and they charge £4.50 a bale..they also sell A & P natural pellets, readygrss and Megazorb..so worth a trip

Thanks for the reply Jill :) Will drag OH there over the weekend

The only 25 people who have read the thread must just be nosey or rubbish ;) :lol:

Did you get a review this week as there's someone selling bales of hay in it.

Also did you try Tower farm saddlers their hay is lovely I had a bale from there a couple of weeks ago and they went mad on it.

Dantre farm in Barby! The MOST LUCIOUS green hay I have used! They charge depending on the quality of hay and how well the harvest was, but most i paid was £4.50 from there! I paid £3.00 for it last time! Reccomend them highly... only a couple of miles from hillmorton as well! I can PM you their number if you want :wave:

Hi,
I get mine from Collins (Blue Barns) in Hardingstone near Northampton, £4.50 a bale. Bunnies love it!!!:wave:

Dantre farm in Barby! The MOST LUCIOUS green hay I have used! They charge depending on the quality of hay and how well the harvest was, but most i paid was £4.50 from there! I paid £3.00 for it last time! Reccomend them highly... only a couple of miles from hillmorton as well! I can PM you their number if you want :wave:

Yes please:D

Also did you try Tower farm saddlers their hay is lovely I had a bale from there a couple of weeks ago and they went mad on it.

I did yes!!

When I asked him if he sold bales of hay he said: 'not really, no, duck' :?
I do have to say he was the nicest sounding farmer that I came across yesterady! On a side note: they're making me go back flying full time next month :roll: so I shall be able to acquire heaps of newspapers for you

Janak - if you could pm me the number, that would be brilliant :D

I've always tended to just buy my hay from pets at home but I popped in yesterday and the timothy hay is in the new packaging. I'm not sure if it was me just imagining it but it the timothy hay looked like any other normal bag of normal hay. I did express my concern to a member of staff but she flounced off in a huff :roll:

I know there's a few of us that live over this way so I'm hoping someone can help/give me an answer

I'm after somewhere I can buy bales of hay from on a fairly regulary basis :lol:

I've tried calling a few places to ask if they do them but I'm finding that farmers a grumpy lot :lol:

Any ideas people? :D

Chase Farm in Kenilworth sell BIG bales of hay for £4 a go...I need to head over and get a couple of myself actually :D

Back