• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bernard peeing on our bed!! help !!

Tasmin's MOB

Mama Doe
Hi, :wave:

My partner and I were laid in bed a few nights ago and our little Bernard Bunny jumped up onto the bed to sit with us!!! we were very surprised as he is tiny and the bed is huge!! :love:

He came and happily sat with us, and we put his blanket at the bottom of the bed with lots of hay and toys. :D
For a couple of nights we were thrilled to have him on the bed with us, (we had to clean up a few droppings but we were fine with that).
However, we went out for the day and as usual we left bernard with the full run of the room, When we got back bernard had wee'd on the bed!!

We tried putting a litter tray in the area that he had wee'd but he did it again in a different area.
He is 12 weeks old at the most and is too young to be spraying his "territory" ?? (i think)

So we decided to stop him from coming on the bed by telling him to get down.. but when we did this we felt mean and have again let him come up onto the bed..

the problem that we have now is that we can't leave him with full run of the room when we go out incase he does it again.

I don't know what to do!!
:cry:

what should we do??

Is he neutered? He sounds like he is marking, I've had bunnies do this but only before neuter :D

He's not old enough to be neutered yet, the vets say 5 months, but i don't think he is spraying, he seems to be just going to the toilet like he does in his litter tray. but we will def be getting him neutered as soon as he is old enough :)

It should stop after being done, at 12 weeks he is sexually mature, my vet neuters at 4 months but all are different. You should hopefully notice a diofference when he's done, naught bunny :lol::lol::lol:

He's sexually mature! really? he's an ickle baby :oops:

hehe thanks for advise, will def get him neutered as soon as we can, not really sure what to do at the moment. think we might just get a bigger litter tray and see if that works?!?

Yes you could try that, he's in his naughty teenage years :lol::lol::lol:, bunnies mature quick :shock::lol::lol:

as Soad says boys mature quick some vets can neuter boys as young as 12 weeks basically as soon as the pumbs show, if you can hold him up you may see them, sometime you may need another person or you can gently blow the fur and you may see 2 small lumps

litter training will greatly improve to, though bare in mind hormones can take a good few weeks to settle after the neuter around 6/8 weeks, so untill then your best keeping a strict eye on him,

also be very aware of cable etc, you think you put them in places they can reach, HA never underestimate a determined bun :lol:, behind telly units, phone cables lights etc

beside hes only doing it cuz he luvs you :lol:, you wait till you get sprayed and get tripped up from him running round your feet and doing cute little grunty noises then he realllllly loves you then :lol:

Back