• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is she doing???

melaniejb

Mama Doe
Poppy has always loved jumping on our bed; she jumps up, binkies, jumps off, binkies around the bedroom etc!

Anyway, she's recently been jumping on the bed, staying up there for much longer but has started pushing forward on the duvet, almost like she's smoothing it out, then she digs! Odd! Anyone know what she is doing and why?

Poppy has always loved jumping on our bed; she jumps up, binkies, jumps off, binkies around the bedroom etc!

Anyway, she's recently been jumping on the bed, staying up there for much longer but has started pushing forward on the duvet, almost like she's smoothing it out, then she digs! Odd! Anyone know what she is doing and why?

moving the soft earth before she gets round to the real digging?

or just tidying up for you? tabby moves fleeces that way. likes them all neatly in a pile before she settles her bum against them,

Yes just the digging instinct I think, I have seen my outdoor girl do this with soil. :)

esme does it with her fleeces too - its adorable:love:

i put her outside earlier in the week and after the shock of 'where am i', she began doing the same on the grass, trying to smooth it out:lol:

Just hope that the pee and poo don't start getting left as little gifts for you ;)

:lol: I was thinking the same thing. Pie started to do this and then she started to wee on the bed!
Now she just digs alot but I keep a very close eye on her just in case.

My lot do it as well - especially moo. She pulls at blankets with her teeth and them smooths them out with her feet. It's so funny to watch! I think it's like a nesting thing!

Yeah Austin does this too, it is very cute! He does it if there are loads of pillows on the bed, i think he tried to get underneath them! ;)

Strawberry does this! Like pushes it forwards and then digs it back up, its sooo funny. Unless its 2am of course and then not at all entertaining.

It's the bulldozer action. When you're digging holes you have to move the earth around to keep your entrance clear :)

My Tabby used to dig before she had a pee pee in a place she wasnt allowed too like on the sofa or on a duvet, or me.... but my two indoor buns enjoy digging me, my duvet and the sofa, lol. !!

Back