• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ARGH what i supposed to do now

cooldarls

Alpha Buck
Sorry this goes on alittle too much but really needed to have a rant and let it all out before i burst. :evil:

Just had a phone call with the lady I got Bramble from who was going to look after my bunnies while i was on holiday. I speak to her once a month as the distance between us is far and i dont get to see her that often.

Any hoo was talking about the rabbits and Imentioned that buddy has had snuffles but is looking alot better now and she turned round and told me she will not be able to havemy bunnies while im holiday as it is very contagious and she doesnt want to put her bunnies at risk. she said if one of her bunnies catch it then it will put the whole lot at risk and she will have to get them all put down.

My vet said it wsnt contagious unless the bunnies rub noses while they are infected. She has really annoyed me and put me in a awful position as i only booked my holiday knowing that i had someone responsible to look after my bunnies.

I know there is nothing i can do to change her mind but i really want to get all the information and send it to her and say she is wrong. Found out that she has gone into breeding aswell and she sad she has a lot of expensive bunnies that she doesnt want to put at risk. Really not happy with her breeding as i think she is starting to show them too. she is a friend of my aunties and i talk to her about the rabbits and stuff. i was happy for mine to go to her as she had a lot of experience with bunnies and as bramble can be a little funny when being handled.

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW!!!!!!

Sorry but I think the lady is right to avoid putting her rabbits at risk especially if she shows them as she could intern put all the rabbits at the show a risk. If you bunny sneezes then droplets spread just like a human cold.

You need to find a boarding facility with a set up designed to prevent cross infection or perhaps a pet sitter that comes to your house.

i thought snuffles clears up in the warmer weather. he has not had any meds since january and is doing well now. i just mentioned it to her in passing really.

I totally understand about not wanting to pass it on to her bunnies as they are her babies like these two are my babies, but it is just annoying and worrying as i dont know wha to do now!

Snuffles is an infection so generally needs antibiotics to clear.

You could try asking your vets too, sometimes vet nurses do a bit of boarding.

You will probably find that alot of bunny boarding places won't take rabbits with snuffles unless they have a totally isolated section. If she doesn't have anywhere else to put your rabbits then you have to respect her wishes for not taking them in just incase hers catch it.

Does snufflescarry on during the year. I thought it cleared up and only presented itself winter time and sudden changes in temperature.

I have slept since last night and can now see her point about not wanting to house my bunnies as it may put hers at risk. It was just a shock that it had been organised, it was a worry that i didnt have and now im like "oh my goodness what do i do now!!!!!!". I am going to ask a few family members to see if anyone will look after them. the problem is some have had buddy before and are happy but they are not sure of buddy because of his size!

Sorry for ranting last night :roll:

Back