• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nest is made!!!

cally73

Young Bun
Ok so Snowy worked really hard and made her nest this morning:) so does this mean that the bith is going to be very soon? She has drunk lots today and eaten but not as much as she usually would. Also seems to be relaxing more;)

I have no idea, when my foster bunny had her babies she went from acting completely normal to building a nest and having her babies with about 40 mins.

Very soon i'd think :?

When my foster bunny made her nest, i called Lucy straight away (i was shocked more than anything!) A few hours later i went out and she had had the babies :) It doesnt take long from making the nest to having the babies i dont think.

Keep your eye on her, hope it goes smoothly for her xXx

Has she pulled fur for the nest yet? My doe did go off her food either the day before or the same day. So i think it could be imminent in the next day or so. but I'm no way an expert. One litter was way plenty for me, none of min ehave any equipment for that kinda naughtiness now! :D

No she has not pulled her fur out yet. I am so impatient, I just want it to happen! It was a complete accident due to the locum vet mis-sexing my buns and I was horrified but never mind it has happened now!!! She is drinking loads and keeps sitting looking awkward:oops:

No she has not pulled her fur out yet. I am so impatient, I just want it to happen! It was a complete accident due to the locum vet mis-sexing my buns and I was horrified but never mind it has happened now!!! She is drinking loads and keeps sitting looking awkward:oops:

Ahh sorry, when you said she'd made her nest, i thought you meant fur :) Dixies nest was made of fur/hay just before she had the babies xx

I have a rescue doe that was pregnant when I got her. She had 6 kits about 10 days ago. For me the exciting part is waiting for them to all toddle out.
She feeds them at 11pm every night and they have started coming out of the nest about 10.30 looking for her:D
They are so cute and fast on thier little legs. One of them was round the whole kitchen last night before he found his mam.

Back