• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it ok to let Winter shred paper?

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
She seems to love doing it.... she grabs hold of any letters or books we have left out and has a fab time shredding it.... so would it be ok to give her a plain sheet of paper for her to shred (without ink on it?)

I would stick with newspaper or yellow pages as A4 paper can be thicker and i would be worried about paper cuts.

I would stick with newspaper or yellow pages as A4 paper can be thicker and i would be worried about paper cuts.

Ah true, shame I dont have either.... :? Maybe I will buy a newspaper just for her... but I thought the ink wasnt such a good idea?

Mine love it too - but both Flint & Sugar have had blockages, from eating it, so make sure they a shredder not a chewer:oops:

Loads of my Buns have shredded A4 paper !!

If a Bun can eat Brambles, thorns 'n all I doubt a bit of paper is going to be too much of a challenge ;)

i dont really see a problem with her just ripping it up..

how about Loo/kitchen rolls?
Mine like chucking them around and biting them etc. i put hay in mine too.

i dont really see a problem with her just ripping it up..

how about Loo/kitchen rolls?
Mine like chucking them around and biting them etc. i put hay in mine too.

I use loo rolls with them quite alot to hide treats/veg and stuff with hay etc but she doesnt shred those, she just seems to love shredding paper...... I swear she can smell it and tries to steal it off us..... she was nibbling my OHs notebook the other day and today she raided my uni folder! :roll: Shes like one of those dogs that shreds the mail..... but shes a bun, and we dont get mail through a postbox, thank goodness!!

I use loo rolls with them quite alot to hide treats/veg and stuff with hay etc but she doesnt shred those, she just seems to love shredding paper...... I swear she can smell it and tries to steal it off us..... she was nibbling my OHs notebook the other day and today she raided my uni folder! :roll: Shes like one of those dogs that shreds the mail..... but shes a bun, and we dont get mail through a postbox, thank goodness!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

She sounds like such a character! :love:

So long as she doesnt eat it let her have her play with the paper.
She's pretty and, therefore deserves it (dont ask me if that makes any logical sense because I know it doesnt! LOL)

So long as she doesnt eat it let her have her play with the paper.
She's pretty and, therefore deserves it (dont ask me if that makes any logical sense because I know it doesnt! LOL)

Hehehe, I cant apply this logic to everything though, she will use it to her advantage

Winter: I iz preetty so gives me more noms noms, hay mummeh, can I have yoor bizkits too? And I wanna hab all dose cawwots..... and get pops to go to Tezko and buy me Bazil, yeah? Member, its coz I iz preetty!

Back