• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roger isn't eating PLEASE HELP!!

Hey everyone!

I have a female dwarf rabbit named Roger (yes I know, long story). She eats carrots and green beans. She never eats hay (I just can't get her to) so I feed her this Critical Care hay substitute. I mix it with water and spoon feed it to her as often as possible. All was going well but suddenly she isn't eating. Her fecal matter looks a bit dried up and there isn't as much as I'd like.

This has happened before and an X-ray showed that her GI was a bit blocked. The vet gave her some drugs and the problem was cleared up fairly quickly. I am not sure if I have to take her this time or not. I am just feeding her a lot of the hay substitute as it contains lots of fibre. Any help from the Rabbits United forum would be appreciated! Thanks!

how is your little girl now? if shes still not eating i would definately take her to the vets for some pain killer and a good check over.

sending loads of vibes xxxx

I would say she needs to see a vet today, with buns sometime you just have to make the time, they aren't like cats or dogs that can go without eating for a few days, are you in the UK? Does she usually have any pellets or mix? How old is she?

I agree that she needs to see a vet today.

Has the fact that she doesn't eat hay been investigated (i.e. teeth checked etc)

How old is she?

Best of luck. xx

Back