• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

could it have been the way the nurse held him?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
since bertie saw claire last thursday....he has been a bit noisy in his breathing..not chest or nose..like his throat. it didnt affect him but it only happened once id got home from the vets and put it down to the nurse holding him up under his armpits fopr a long time for claire to re check his sores under his toes.
bertie was to see claire this thursday..but the breathing thing has gradually worsened but nothing different.

so when he had a kind if choking attack and a abscence session..i got worried sick.....
rushed him to vet and..hed stopped:shock::shock: no rasp
at all.

so i put him over my shoulder for claire to have easy access to the other toe...and he slowly began to rasp.
I told her it was much worse at home and he was breathing as fast at home as he was there!
She agreed it wasnt his chest or his nose..with his pasturella. but his upper airway.
she would have liked to give him a steroid but couldnt with his sores under his feet and the fact hed been on metacam too. she said to use the metacam as the treatement for it..plus yet more baytril in case it was an infection..metacam for inflammation...and more piriton in case it was an allergic reaction.
odd but the nurse whod held bertie up left him stinking of her perfume..its still there today still..wonder if thats what caused it?:shock:

never thought it about until i got home with the piriton....

his feet are still improving and his ears are still improving...and then...his tear duct on his right eye is blocked and the other eye is a bit mucky. she said he wasnt well enough to have his ducts flushed so its tiacil for him poor old soul.

hes sleeping and his breathing is awful sounding....

i havent let him have any syringe feed as mAYBE ITS THE CAUSE of the inflammation?

he is eating and hay..and claire said hes put on weight again:shock:

he cant be xrayed at the moment...he wouldnt make it..his breathing probs etc.

i know it sounds crazy..but it did occur with the nurse holding him...claire said its odd....but possible....but never considered the perfume issue.

i think she was more admin staff..she had a stripey:shock: t:shock:eek:p on..im not too sure.

lets have some more RU vibes for my big bertie..please.

had to smile..claire took him out of his carrier..she weighed him and she insisted on putting him back in his carrier....becasue she liked doing it she said....methinks bertie has another fan club member:oops::lol:

had to smile..claire took him out of his carrier..she weighed him and she insisted on putting him back in his carrier....becasue she liked doing it she said....methinks bertie has another fan club member:oops::lol:

Claire likes the bunnies ;)

That doesn't sound good, wonder if it was an allergic reaction :?

I have a bun with scar tissue in her nasal area who gasps and snorts when picked up or put on her back...probably because her rate of breathing increases when stressed by being handled?

gem..she sure does:D

yes stress..but he was already like it when i saw claire...oh hold on you mean stress that day he got held up by the nurse..yes thats what we originally thought.....but now i wonder if it was a reaction to her perfume as he is still raspy but not as bad....the piritons working i hope....he is still wheezy rasping but less than yesterday.

i went with mum to see our usual vet today....her buns mxyi vac today. she asked how bertie was...and said shed never heard of using piriton or even consider using piriton in bunnies......but if it works....:)

berties breathing is much better nows...and the perfume has finally worn off of him.

hes on the second course of baytril too. Still on the eye and ear drops too...he needs the metaclop as his tum is still slow.

Back