• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dented forehead/fur?

Hessen

Banned
Rum & Raisin seem have what looks like dents in their fur on their head.

To begin with I thought they'd just slept funny as that's really what it looks like, but it's been nearly a couple of weeks now and the buns look like they've been branded with a big imprinted W shape on their forehead. Particularly noticeable on Rum who we now refer to as "dent-head".

Is this normal?

(sorry for lack of pics, it doesn't seem to show up very well on camera)

Could also be grooming related too? Gilbert gets this when Parsley has been too attentive with grooming. So maybe Raisin is being a bit overzealous while they are both moulting so compounding the problem?

Sounds very much like moulting. Alfie got a line across his nose last year, that gradually moved up his face as he moulted. :lol::lol: I'm not sure if you can make it out in my siggy photo, but there's a huge 'V' across his face, going from the tip of his ears and down towards his nose.

I guess grooming is probably the best explanation, they only seem to groom each others head (and get bored a couple of licks in), poor Rum looks so funny and it's really noticeable!

it's due to them moulting. I think it looks so funny - their faces end up looking grumpy. Moo's is like this at the moment and I keep pulling hers!

Moulting!

Every year Pumpkin (and Parsnip before her who was same colouring) get a small V which turns into a 'star' and before you know where you are they have developed HUGE grey eyebrows!!!!!!

:lol: id say deffinatly moulting i normaly sit there and pluck ther eyebrows ( loose fur )and see what expressions i can get hehe

:lol::lol::lol:

you know you would try it next time:p im lucky that big's and doc think its all part of their massage :lol: permanant demon for 3, 4 weeks :lol:

what gets me is why are the ends white and not black all the way though

A couple of my wildie crosses have 'V's on their noses. I thought at first an alien had got to them but I think now it's moulting.

Back