• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petshop petition - please sign!!

beckie20

Mama Doe
Hi,

I think this is the right place to post this!!

This is a petition started by someone on a rat forum that I'm on, and its to stop petshops selling animals... I don't know how familiar you may or may not be with rodent farming, but that does include rabbits.

The animals are bred in appalling conditions and I know this forum is a big fan of rescuing and rehoming anyway!!

I'm not sure how effective these petitions are, but it's at least worth a try!

xxx

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/petshopasales/

Last edited:
I did a quick search on here and didn't find any recent petitions so thought it would be ok to post...

Still, the more publicity the better :D

xxx

I did a quick search on here and didn't find any recent petitions so thought it would be ok to post...

xxx

never mind that you have repeated it because more and more people join here everyday and wont' have seen the previous as they get burried in lots of other stuff.

Worthwhile petition, but in the short term it won't make too much difference but by posting the thread it will raise the profile of the problems associated.

Welcome to RU by the way!

xxx

Yes deffo, as The Duchess said different people on different days so hopefully you will get some more siggies :wave:

Worthwhile petition, but in the short term it won't make too much difference but by posting the thread it will raise the profile of the problems associated.

Welcome to RU by the way!

It's disgusting that things like this are legal and the people doing it think its acceptable! :censored:

I only recently found out about it because its quite a hot topic on the rat forum that I've joined, and since then I've pretty much stopped shopping at Pets at Home - once I've found an alternative to their wood pellets for my buns litter tray I hope to not have to shop there at all anymore!

Thanks for the welcome! I've made a few changes to my bunnies since joining this forum, i'm sure they're thankful to you too lol :D

xxx

It's disgusting that things like this are legal and the people doing it think its acceptable! :censored:

I only recently found out about it because its quite a hot topic on the rat forum that I've joined, and since then I've pretty much stopped shopping at Pets at Home - once I've found an alternative to their wood pellets for my buns litter tray I hope to not have to shop there at all anymore!

Thanks for the welcome! I've made a few changes to my bunnies since joining this forum, i'm sure they're thankful to you too lol :Dxxx

Awww that's great, hope you enjoy it on here too :wave:

Back