• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging Boxes

Gianetta

Young Bun
My two bunnies have started digging, probably because all the grass has gone where their run is. I tried giving them a plastic box full of soil but they ignored it if I put it in the run and if I put it in their shed at night they made a terrible mess. Is there something less messy than soil that I could put in the box for them to play in? What do your bunnies have in their digging boxes?

Mine love to dig in hay and they can rest and eat at the same time!

Yep. Mine like a big box full of hay! I bought them a paddling pool from Argos and a big bag of soil, filled it up all excited to see them digging and enjoying their digging pit..... could count on one finger the number of times my two have dug in their digging pit!! Sometimes Lola comes up to me all covered in soil, but that's because she's been rolling in it, not digging!!! :roll:

Sand! My boys go crazy for it, doing the most massive flops! :D Just make sure you use clean kiddie playpit sand. They sell it in Tescos from like Easter I think - theirs is much cleaner and dryer than Homebase's.

Back