• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giles story and pictures - FAO The Duchess & everyone else, distressing image warning

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Giles story and pictures - FAO The Duchess & everyone else, distressing image warning

Giles found his way to me on 27th October 08. At the time i was working at a pet shop (Acorn Pet Centers). A lady came into the shop holding a cardboard carrier, claiming she found it in the carpark at Morrisons, Falkirk and that she had no idea what was in it.

When we opened the box it was a horrific sight, a white bunny in an awful state.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture004.jpg

I took him to a vet straight away. As well as a horrific might infestation on his ears and neck, he was very underweight and was suffering with snuffles. We were given Cancaural ear drops, mite treatment, baytril and pain relief. He also had a very slight headtilt and a wonky hop due to bad balance because of his ear.

Last edited:
The meds had an almost instant effect. This is day 2

12.jpg

13.jpg

Picture0083.jpg

Picture00810.jpg

Day 3

3053087484a9292153781l.jpg

3053087484a9292154160l.jpg

3053087484a9292183020l.jpg

Day 4

3053087484a9292224516l.jpg

Nasty wound which bled a lot because it was very itchy and sore for Giles

3053087484a9292224871l.jpg

Day 6

Picture015.jpg

About 3 weeks later

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0087.jpg

4 weeks later

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

Despite his obvious discomfort, from day one Giles was ever so friendly, always looking for nose rubs. He also knows how to get comfy and relax. Since he arrived he has never stopped binkying. He is an absolute joy, and an all round "perfect" example of a rabbit. Friendly, energetic, handsome.

How anyone could do this to an animal is beyond me. It didn't take long at all for him to get better, nor did it take an awful lot of special care (a little nursing was required, but not a lot) and it certainly didn't cost much either (i think meds and all cost about £25).

Giles was only meant to be with me until i got him better, but for obvious reasons, i grew very attached :oops: :lol:. So he stayed here and in January 09 met his lovely wifey bun Summer :).

I cannot believe someone could be so evil........god knows how long he was like that for and yet simple medical care helped him so quickly. What a lucky boy he is to have met you!!!

Ok.So Im nosy, but what a story!!!
A lovely boy..you obviously adore him and he found his forever home.I could cry!!!xxxxxxx

Thanks Teflon and Yvette (your more than welcome to nosey, its only addressed to The Duchess as we were talking about Giles the other day :)), it is sickening isn't it :(. He must have been so sore and so itchy for such a long time :(. You would never know to look at him now though, he is a big healthy boy who loves every moment of life.

I can't believe how the treatment had such good effect in such a short time...how could anyone just leave it like that??

He must be very glad fate brought him to you :)

Thanks Dusty and BiscuitBlossom i was truly shocked by how quickly the scabs came off, incredible. The biggest problem was the big cut on his ear, it took a long time to heal.

Teflon, he is a one up one down bun, but im not sure if he used to be an uppy bun and his ear lopped because of the infection. Either way, it makes him look even cheekier

jan10013.jpg

What a heartwarming story. The trust that these precious creatures show in us after such awful treatment is very humbling. It really is amazing to see the before, during and after pics - thank you for sharing.

p.s. He is so gorgeous but then it's well documented that I have a severe soft spot for white buns with black eyeliner :love::oops::lol:

what a handsome chap!!!! :love:
Im not suprised you grew attached!! :lol: i dont know how any1 can hurt bunnys and let them get into states like that :(

What a story and what a brave bunny Giles is! I don't blame you for keeping him, he is beautiful and I bet he adores you right back!

:love::love::love:

Thank you for sharing these with us and for giving MMC permission to use Gile's story. Sickening but heartwarming that he has done so well.

I'll get on and save these photos down and turn your words into a piece that we can use in the future.

Thank you again, just the sort of material that we can use.

Helen

This reminds me of darling Bramble's story.
I'm so glad that there was such a possitive outcome for Giles.
He's gorgeous :love:

:shock::shock: How can someone be so vile as to let him get in that state?! :evil::evil::evil:

What a difference a day makes!! :D That was astounding that in a week it was pretty much cleared up...and didn't look so sore!

Well done you for taking him in...he's a wonderbun!! :love::love::love:

poor Giles!!! so please he got the right care he needed.
:censored: why anyone could leave a bunny to suffer like that is beyond me!!

would you allow me to use the story in a future bunny mad magazine?

Back