• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed for Waffle U/D post 25 a food question

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
She started pressing her tummy into the floor and not being able to get comfy about half an hour ago. I have called the emergency vets who have advised me to bring her in in an hour and a half as they currently have a cat in emergency surgery so can't see her earlier.

I have to watch her closely for the next hour and a half and if she gets any worse I need to rush her in so the nurse can administer first aid.

She has only been here 2 days :( vibes please that it's nothing too serious.

Last edited:
argghh no!! My Sooty did this a few weeks ago and it turned out to be her teeth - Im hoping its nothing too serious - Keep us updated :( xx

Massive vibes! What's she been eating? Ginger had this 2 days ago - he had such a tummy ache. :( Katie gave him some metacam and he was right as rain the next morning. Hopefully it'll be the same for Waffle.

Massive vibes! What's she been eating? Ginger had this 2 days ago - he had such a tummy ache. :( Katie gave him some metacam and he was right as rain the next morning. Hopefully it'll be the same for Waffle.

She has science selective pellets and she has had a bit of carrot a small floret of brocolli, some parsley, some sage and some mint. All things she has had before I got her so I haven't given her anything she hasn't had before :( she left half her bit of carrot actually which may have been a sign she wasn't happy :(

Thanks for all the vibes. I'm going to be taking Radish with her as they are so newly bonded.

I haven't been well myself today either so I really sympathise with her.

She did like to squish herself in her favourite spot of her hutch.
She doesn't usually eat veg all in one go.. hope this helps.. :cry:

I have just come back from the emergency vets. There were no gut noises :cry: so Waffle has been given a gut stimulant and a pain killer. I have also been given some food to syringe feed her to make sure she is taking on food and water.

I have been advised to seperate Waffle and Radish so that I can monitor Waffle's hay intake (which is none at present :(), poops and water intake. I have left Radish in the dog crate and Waffle is in the pen right next to her so they can touch each other through the bars. Do I need to start the bonding again from scratch when she is better?

I am sitting up with her and I am going to feed her a few syringes of food every hour. I hope that is the right approach? the vet didn't say and I was too worried to remember to ask. :cry:

The vet said she thinks it is the stress of the past few days.

awww im sorry - how awful and really bad timing!! poor radish too for getting a friend then her being taken away :( Im not sure how it will affect the bond -depends how long they are seperated and as the bond is still in early stages maybe more difficult..

I hope she starts eating soon! Get better soon waffle!

awww im sorry - how awful and really bad timing!! poor radish too for getting a friend then her being taken away :( Im not sure how it will affect the bond -depends how long they are seperated and as the bond is still in early stages maybe more difficult..

I hope she starts eating soon! Get better soon waffle!

Radish can't understand why she can't go be with Waffle :cry: she was grooming her in the carrier on the way to the vets.

Radish can't understand why she can't go be with Waffle :cry: she was grooming her in the carrier on the way to the vets.

awwww thats so sad :cry::cry::cry: she probably thinks shes done something wrong! Hope you get it sorted and they can be together again soon!

Get eating and pooping waffle - Quick! Stop stressing mummy and radish :no:

Back