• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tinkerbell has suspected EC U/D Test Results in

indigo

Mama Doe
she started weeing in huge puddles on saturday, and again on sunday she did the same and was covered in urine, so i gave her a very quick wash in a spare washing up bowl and she made no attempt to groom herself, just sat looking :censored: off and was getting cold, so I babied her in a blanket till she was a bit drier and warmer a few times during the day. she's a very cuddly bunny anyway but was asking for lots more snuggles yesterday than normal.

she's drinking lots, but is still eating lots and lots of hay as normal, and still going mental when the fridge is opened and of course for her beloved pellets :lol:

she's been to see the lovely Jason Burgess today, he's taken a urine sample and tested it for diabetes and infection (and something else, can't remember now) he's looked at her eyes, ears, teeth, checked her bottom and her tummy, heart, weight (now 2.99kg) and took her up to the nurse station for a blood test.

most likely cause for the lethargy and increase in wee is EC, so she's now on 1.45ml of panacur for 28 days. blood test result is back in a week.

watch this space!

Last edited:
Sending all the vibes in the world for your baby girl. She has the best mummy ever, i know she'll be well looked after :) xXx

Sending all the vibes in the world for your baby girl. She has the best mummy ever, i know she'll be well looked after :) xXx

spoiled rotten you mean!! I did away with her carrier and wrapped her up in a blanket when i took her to the vet, i was stood in the reception for a good 15 mins, she was on her back snuggled into me and got lots of aawwwws from the nurses and receptionists and lots of strokes! :roll::lol: she had just fallen asleep like that when Jason called us in hehe :lol:

Jason was very impressed with just how laid back she is, he was easily able to do all of the tests with no hassle at all from her and said he had a sneaky cuddle when he took her away and while waiting for the nurses to help him with the blood test :lol:

she seems fine in herself this evening, she's had a quiet day at home in my bedroom as i had to go out today. she's drinking lots, has attacked the hay and taken her panacur very easily :) she's had some cabbage to say sorry for all the poking :lol: hopefully Jason is just treating her as a precaution :)

Blood test results came back yesterday as Negative! which is a relief! I've got a few more days left of panacur before going back to see Uncle Jason, where we'll decide whether to continue and treat her for the full 28 days or if it's not needed, and I'll book for her to be spayed asap methinks :D

are they treating her with abix too? cystitis or other urinary infection can cause loss of bladder control, especially if she is looking a bit under the weather.

are they treating her with abix too? cystitis or other urinary infection can cause loss of bladder control, especially if she is looking a bit under the weather.

not yet, I think Jason wanted to hit her with a hefty dose of Panacur first, I'll go and see him again on Monday :) She's ok in herself apart from massive puddles of wee which she manages to splash right up the wall :roll: she's eating fine, pooing fine, seems happy enough. He did every test on her including a urine sample and checked that for infection as a first port of call :) we've only had 2 incidents of her weeing and sitting in it and making no attempt to clean herself, so she's had 2 baths so far and I think she was that unimpressed we've not had another accident :lol:

It's just possible that she's drinking too much and too fast as she's now using bowls instead of a bottle and that's causing her to wee loads more than her little bladder can take. I'll look at putting a bottle up somewhere overnight at least, I can't stop her drinking out of a bowl during the day as I have one in the kitchen for the dogs! :lol:

Last edited:
Back