• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can you give as treats?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Charlie doesn't like fruit or veg other than carrot, broccoli and raisens... So what other little tip bits can I give him now and then?
I feel mean that the hamsters and bird get more variation than him!

How about some special hay or readigrass? Are his pellets rationed? If so maybe a couple of them extra to him normal meal

How about some special hay or readigrass? Are his pellets rationed? If so maybe a couple of them extra to him normal meal

Last time he had readigrass he refused to eat hay, so he ain't getting anything special like that :oops: I've only just got him back to eating it all properly.
He gets extra pellets but it just seems to boring for him :lol:

Last time he had readigrass he refused to eat hay, so he ain't getting anything special like that :oops: I've only just got him back to eating it all properly.
He gets extra pellets but it just seems to boring for him :lol:
Ha ha naughty boy - have you tried sprinkling it in with his hay or does he just pick bits out? Does he normally get dandilions etc could he have them or maybe rose petals?

:wave:Have you tried banana (but only a little) and carrot tops (the green leafy bits rather than the orange bit)?

Our rabbit likes oven-baked wholemeal bread in small quantities as a treat. She likes it very crunchy.

Ha ha naughty boy - have you tried sprinkling it in with his hay or does he just pick bits out? Does he normally get dandilions etc could he have them or maybe rose petals?

He gets dandelions :)
I put it in with his hay, but he picked it out and refused to eat normal hay :lol:
He's a git!
He's actually scared of fruit :?

Honeys a really fussy eater too....she loves carrot tops and mint though, only thing I can get down her neck :lol:

thanx to Judy i have now found the perfect treat... bramble leaves... they dont feel robbed and gobble them and i dont feed them **** thats clearly upsetting alvins stomach (well i hope because ive not had the blood results yet)

I cant be living with fussy buns like your lots :shock: :lol: My guys will eat almost everything I give them!

Invest in some fenugreek crunchies... I cannot imagine your bun not eating them, most buns adore them!

he sounds as weird (i mean different:oops:) as eric:lol: lots of veg scare him too - sprouts make him thump and leg it then carry on thumping:roll:

he does love fine green beans tho - not dwarf or runner (not on the recommended list i have). maybe try one or 2 of those?

My Sparkle will eat just about anything too, what roughly do other people feed there rabbits per day ? I know my Sparkle is a bit on the porky side :?
Is there anything you CAN'T give rabbits ? He particularly loves caulie leves and parsley :D

sprouts make him thump and leg it then carry on thumping

well, sprouts are scary. i only ever have three....

I cant be living with fussy buns like your lots :shock: :lol: My guys will eat almost everything I give them!

Invest in some fenugreek crunchies...
I cannot imagine your bun not eating them, most buns adore them!

Just what I was going to say. Also porridge oats are a good treat. Have you tried dried instead of fresh fruit? Vin isn't keen on fresh banana but loves dried slices. :)

Back