• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The mystery of the random walnut...!

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
I just got back from work, and when I came to see the rabbits I found them scoffing a walnut!! How the heck did they get hold of that?!! I completely cleaned out the cage last night, and changed the newspaper this morning, before replacing the vet bed, so it can't possibly have been there then. Pickles was just sat there munching it, half the shell gone and all! My mum and dad were the only ones in the house today. My mum's as mystified as I am, and my dad hasn't had the chance to give it them - not that he would have done anyway. Where the hell has it come from, and, more importantly, will it harm them? I mean, the shell was eaten as well, and that can't be digestible!

The only way I can possible see it got in there, was via a sample bag of readigrass I tipped into their hay bowl this morning. I was in a hurry so I wouldn't have noticed. Sooo puzzled and anxious now...

:? :? :?

Last edited:
How strange! Are they indoors? Our neighbour has thrown a carrot over the fence to my buns when they have been out before.

I have seen some rattle type bunny toys with a nut in the middle, they haven't had any of those have they? Maybe they chewed through to it?

I have seen some rattle type bunny toys with a nut in the middle, they haven't had any of those have they? Maybe they chewed through to it?

I thought of that because they've had one in the past. No, though...

And Snowberry, they're indoors, in my bedroom!! :shock:

How weird!!!

If only we had some way of making the buns speak up...........

You dont think they popped out and bought it do you? :lol: Any shops near you serve underage buns? :p

Maybe they have kept it stashed for months and have only just got it out to confuse you.... must've pinched it at Christmas or something!

Back