• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good vibes needed

TheMe

Young Bun
Hi all you bunny friends!

I´ve got a litle fluffie female bunny who´s being neuterd today (right now actually). I hope you´ll all send good vibes for her so that everything goes well under the operation and the following critical days to come!

Fluffie is a rescue bunny that somebody had thrown out close to three big roads. We took her in last summer and she has lived with us as a free range house bunny ever since. It´s not very common to neuter female bunnies here in Sweden where I live so I´m very happy to say that I found a vet who´s experienced with bunnies and who was willing to do the operation.

We think that Fluffie might be around 3-5 years old but she´s in good conditions so hopefully everything will be fine with her! She was in a terrible conditon when we first found her; skinny and her long fur all in rags. Terribly long nails and very very scared... I guess you´ve seen it before.

So, please send good vibes for litle Fluffie!

xcacx.jpg

Last edited:
sending our love!
Yeah a girl got in touch with me for advise because she said vets dont think much of bunnies over in sweden she end up speaking with my vet. I was shocked that her vet had said her bun was nearly 2 and that was as long as they tend to live!
As youll know here in england we are being told up to 14 years now for bunnies.
have a hop along to our page www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com see if you find out any other tips that you might not know. (and make my counter look good people from sweden looking hee hee)
love and snuggles to your baby shes gorgeous!

sending our love!
Yeah a girl got in touch with me for advise because she said vets dont think much of bunnies over in sweden she end up speaking with my vet. I was shocked that her vet had said her bun was nearly 2 and that was as long as they tend to live!
As youll know here in england we are being told up to 14 years now for bunnies.
have a hop along to our page www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com see if you find out any other tips that you might not know. (and make my counter look good people from sweden looking hee hee)
love and snuggles to your baby shes gorgeous!

Thank you!

I´m grown up with rabbits and I´ve also got to Frenchies (neuterd boy and girl) as well so I´m not new to bunnies. But I like "hanging" on your forums as you are so much more experienced and have a whole other way of taking care of bunnies than what´s common in Sweden.

I tend to be in conflict all the time on Swedish forums as most people don´t share me view on bunny matters such as neutering, free range housing etc.

Bunnies up to 3 kg sit in small cages 100x50x50 cm best case scenario and that´s what the law says. Giant bunnies in cages 130x70x70 cm. I think thats just horrible!

Anways, I´m a bit nervous now but hopefully everything will work out fine...

Thank you!

I´m grown up with rabbits and I´ve also got to Frenchies (neuterd boy and girl) as well so I´m not new to bunnies. But I like "hanging" on your forums as you are so much more experienced and have a whole other way of taking care of bunnies than what´s common in Sweden.

I tend to be in conflict all the time on Swedish forums as most people don´t share me view on bunny matters such as neutering, free range housing etc.

Bunnies up to 3 kg sit in small cages 100x50x50 cm best case scenario and that´s what the law says. Giant bunnies in cages 130x70x70 cm. I think thats just horrible!

Anways, I´m a bit nervous now but hopefully everything will work out fine...

dont be too nervous...thinking of you and bunny and sending good luck vibes..the sizes of cages always shocks me.... rabbits should have as much space as posisble! :) xx

Thanks to all of you!

Fluffie´s supposed to wake up in 30 minutes so I´m waiting to hear from the vet´s assistant who has promised to let me know as soon as possible. She´s a friend of mine and will bring litle Fluffie home to me when she finishes work.

Poor litle Fluffie had a nasty infection in her tummy, the vet was shocked over how bad it was. I´m just so happy that we decided to neuter Fluffie so that this was discovered. The operation was much bigger that expected due to the infection, but now she´s at home and chilling in her tunnel.

Hopefully ske´ll be fully recovered in a week or two. She´ll be medicated now for ten days and I really hope her tummy will be ok. I feel so bad for Fluffie who must have been in a terrible pain without being able to tell us. We had now idea as she have behaved just as normal.

Fluffie is a stunning bunny and it sounds like she was very lucky to find you.

I hope she'll recover from the operation and the infection very soon xx

Sending lots of vibes xxx :) xxx

dont feel bad rabbits are natrually prey animasl and do natrually hide pain very well the slightest thing can mean they are unwell it is hard for humans to always notice jsut be thankful it was found(infeciton) and she has correct treatment. xx

dont feel bad rabbits are natrually prey animasl and do natrually hide pain very well the slightest thing can mean they are unwell it is hard for humans to always notice jsut be thankful it was found(infeciton) and she has correct treatment. xx

Yes I know about that but I still feel bad for my litle baby. But I´m very happy today because Fluffie has been to the toilet and she has also started eating -great success!

Glad it went well for Fluffie! Don't worry about the infection! There's no way you could have known if she was hiding it. (Also as a recent rescue, you don't know her normally, so could never have predicted a change in her. :)....she probably had it a long time!)

How are my favourite Frenchies Diezel and Daisy doing? I bet Daisy's HUGE now!! :love::love::love:

Glad it went well for Fluffie! Don't worry about the infection! There's no way you could have known if she was hiding it. (Also as a recent rescue, you don't know her normally, so could never have predicted a change in her. :)....she probably had it a long time!)

How are my favourite Frenchies Diezel and Daisy doing? I bet Daisy's HUGE now!! :love::love::love:

Well "litle" Daisy is even bigger than Diezel now, so huge is almost an under statement! :lol:

I´ll start a thread with new pics on D & D just for you. :)

Back