• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are these "love bites" or annoyed nips?

AriaSwan

Warren Scout
I recently got a male rabbit who is about four months old. We're getting him neutered in two months, and he's just become comfortable with me petting him and picking him up without running away/struggling. The pet store woman said he would start "love biting" meaning he was trying to groom me or something because he trusts me, but since I don't have fur it seems like a nip. These nips don't hurt at all, and he's only done it once when I was scratching his ears, he had been nudging my fingers and then he gently put his teeth on them. It wasn't really a "bite" as there was no pressure, just her teeth on my skin for a second, then he was fine. Is this him being annoyed and just saying he doesn't want to be petted or is he just acting like a normal unfixed male? Thanks! :wave:

sounds like love bites to me! Tinkerbell manages to nip really fast on the inside of my arms if i'm not stroking her fast enough! enough to make me yelp but not break the skin or anything, just surprising and painful at the time! little moo lol

Back