• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have a feeling I might be loosing Maddie soon UD brain tumor don't know what to do

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
She hasn't been 'right' for a few weeks since I thought she had a fit, vets said there was nothing wrong with her and nothing they could do.

I don't know what is going on, the last few days she has had trouble jumping in and out of the litter tray, she does it but wobbles with it if that makes sense so I have lifted her out a few times and she has scooted off.

Today though she is really wobbly all over, she came over for treats but fell over on the way, she did however get up and carry on over to me and nommed all the treats, and she is nomming her vegs now.

I don't know what to do, I will be taking her to my best rabbit vet tomorrow, I don't know if its just old age or could she have had a stroke or something similar.

Also could she live like this? Is it a good quality of life? Her eyes are bright and she has life in her and nomming like mad just her mobility seems to be going down hill :?

Anyone had anything similar?

Last edited:
I can't really talk for rabbits, but if she is bright and eating well and comfortable I would keep her going. You will know if she is unhappy or distressed, if she isn't why should you be.:)
Our Mustard was blind and unsteady on his feet, I asked the vet if he thought we were being cruel to keep him going and he thought not. Even at the end, he said he felt Mustard had a good quality of life and he would have told us otherwise, but at that point it was time to call it a day. I believed him because he is a friend.

Is she an older bun, do you know if she has arthritis- perhaps if she does you might find acupuncture or metacam may help.

Poor Maddie! Hope she makes a full recovery!! "healthy back" vibes binkying her way!!

If she's bright and alert then I'd keep her comfortable, and just keep an eye on her.

We are not sure how old Maddie is but vets think around 5 years.

Its heartbreaking to watch her like this, she was really excited to see me this morning that she jumped out of her tray to fast and fell on her side then on her back and couldn't get up :cry: :cry:

I have vets at 10.30 and will mention the arthritis thanks guys xx

Back from vets and C is convinced its a brain tumor :cry: :cry:
Maddie is really disorientated, cannot stand keeps falling over but is bright within herself.
Her ears are clear and its not arthritus, She is 99% sure its not EC as she has been treated with panacur before and the symptoms don't fit.
Having a tumor also fits in with the fact I saw her fitting a few weeks ago.

She has had a shot of steroid and baytril and I am to see how she goes over the next 48 hours and I have to call vets Wednesday morning and we will decide how we go from there, but theres not really much we can do :cry: :cry:

I have just been to PAH and spent a fortune on vetbed and covered most of their shed with it to cushion her if she falls, I can't bring her inside because of Lionel and Lolly (and the cat!), anyone else have any suggestions on how i can make it more comfortable and safe for her?

I am so sorry Katie :(:( I had an awful feeling it would be as it sounded very much like Dumpling :(:(

I hope you are able to keep her comfortable for a little while longer xxx

I've only just seen this, I'm so sorry Katie. :(:( Hopefully the steroid will help. Sending lots of vibes for Maddie. xx

I am so sorry Katie :(:( I had an awful feeling it would be as it sounded very much like Dumpling :(:(

I hope you are able to keep her comfortable for a little while longer xxx

I thought about Dumpling too Liz :cry: :cry:

I don't know what to do for the best, wether she should be PTS or not? She is just like Dumpling bright enough in herself, wants to try and play and come see you and is eating, she was giving C lots of cuddles as well :love: :love:

I knew March wouldn't pass without me losing someone, but in all honesty I never thought it would be Maddie :cry: :cry:

Back