• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to stop a bunny licking his hocks?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Right now he's wrapped up in his blankey on my lap but he's not impressed :lol:

How else can I stop him from licking cream off his feet?

Just found Belle has sore hocks too :(
Not too bad at the moment though, what are you using on them?

A little bit of sudocrem, it seems to be helping him, the skins healing over and he runs about when it's done so it must be soothing for him

Poor Belle :(

A little bit of sudocrem, it seems to be helping him, the skins healing over and he runs about when it's done so it must be soothing for him

Poor Belle :(

I know, i feel so bad! hers are only tiny and no skin is broken and she is running about just fine, will try some sudocrem on her thanks! :)

I'm thinking of trying maybe baby socks on Blue with some dressing/cotton wool type stuff.
He's got this Pevidine stuff from the vet which is an amber liquid witch you paint on with a cotton bud.
Because he's free range I can't change his flooring or anything, so its the only thing I can think of :?
Marnie has a tiny patch too so we're using it on her as well.
The skin isn't broken though...and J says it isnt looking pussy or anything (I have to do the holding while J paints him)
Hope Charlies hocks feel better soon :wave:

At the moment my Inca has a really sore foot round her toe area. I have been cleaning with Iodine wash and applying cream, she kept on licking the cream off and biting her toes, so she wasnt really getting any benefit from it.

On Thursday i tried her with a baby sock on her foot, she has kept it on fine. I really was expecting her to bite at the sock, but she has been ok with it.

I got these wee ribbed socks which are quite stretchy, so they fit over her foot well and stay on as she is running about.

Back