• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it? a pondering and a feeding question

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
No matter how big a pile of food you put in front of buns they always want to eat the same piece or brocolli/pellet or strand of hay? :roll:

I am currently feeding Radish and Waffle just loose on the floor of the dog crate. Is this the best way or should I be giving them food in bowls? It's just that Radish seems to be confused with pellets just on the floor but not veg and she also seems to be eating much quicker than Waffle and I worry Waffle isn't getting as much food.

Radish has already stolen Waffle's fenugreek crunchie from her mouth today after pigging her own :roll:

My lot are always wanting to eat the same bit of food. Usually its the more dominant one trying to take the other's food. It's like they're saying "I want that!! Why do you get first dibs?!"
I dont feed my lot in bowls. I scatter the food and let them fid it. Then, they're eating away from each other and they're not gonna steal each others :) Plus, my Wookie has such a big hairy head, poor Nibbles cant get a look in the bowl coz he's filled it with his fat head!! :lol:

I scatter food too, though yes they always want the same bit!!

They eat hay - one eats one end the other eats the other and they meet in the middle - with pellets I try and give them a pile each! then I know they have both got some!
Its hard work isnt it - alot easier with 1 :lol::lol: (heres me going for a group of 4!!) :? Helllllp me!

Back