• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how big is

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
a mini lop compared to a netherland dwarf?

I'm hopfully getting a 6ft hutch soon for sebby :) and im sure he'd lurrrvveee a lady friend :) i love mini lops but am not sure of thier size, i dont want a rabbit thats going to hurt him (unless bigger rabbits are fine with small?)

Obviously it depends what buns there is at the rescues and if sebby likes them :p.

so size diffrence?
and are larger rabbits okay with smaller?

Nethies are smaller than mini's but not by much.

I dont find size differences to be a problem when bonding as long as they are compatable personality wise.

Taffy is small and Riley is massive but they are in love

30dec09013.jpg

Mini lops are a small breed - not quite as small as nethies, but there wouldn't be much of a size difference. :) To give you some idea, weight wise, Bubbles is about 1.2kg and Alfie is 1.5kg.

Size isn't majorly important if the bunnies get along though.

I agree. I have a Dutch/Netherland Dwarf cross who is only slightly bigger than a Netherland Dwarf with an English who is quite a bit bigger. They are very loved up:love:.

Mini lops are a small breed - not quite as small as nethies, but there wouldn't be much of a size difference. :) To give you some idea, weight wise, Bubbles is about 1.2kg and Alfie is 1.5kg.

:shock: i really do have big nethies then:oops: my 2 are similar weights to your 2!

Karen M in your experience can bunnies of all different sizes work well together? - My little male is a mini lop I think and my doe is an English/Lop and quite a bit bigger. What I mean is have you noticed at all whether a certain combination works better - ie the buck being a bigger breed or vice versa?

Karen M in your experience can bunnies of all different sizes work well together? - My little male is a mini lop I think and my doe is an English/Lop and quite a bit bigger. What I mean is have you noticed at all whether a certain combination works better - ie the buck being a bigger breed or vice versa?

I honestly don't know. :oops: I don't have any personal experience but have just seen from the pairings on the forum that bunnies with quite a big size difference can and do get along really well. :)

It would be interesting to know if there is a trend; I wonder what the people who do a lot of bondings think. I would suspect it's largely down to personality.

I honestly don't know. :oops: I don't have any personal experience but have just seen from the pairings on the forum that bunnies with quite a big size difference can and do get along really well. :)

It would be interesting to know if there is a trend; I wonder what the people who do a lot of bondings think. I would suspect it's largely down to personality.

Yes it would be interesting I agree, I am hoping it's personality rather than size that matters, I was just thinking whether the size thing could cause a problem in the sense that the if the doe is bigger she can be a bit dominating and because of a buck instinctively wanting to be the dominant if you see what I mean - I also wonder whether rabbits 'wild' are attracted to a mate that is bigger or smaller and what they look for / what they find attractive to be a good pairing, I suppose it's a whole other thread:lol: sorry Georgey to highjack yours xx

I was just thinking whether the size thing could cause a problem in the sense that the if the doe is bigger she can be a bit dominating and because of a buck instinctively wanting to be the dominant if you see what I mean

And then, of course, you never quite know who's going to want to be dominant one. Alfie wears the trousers here, but quite often it's the female. There are probably so many variables...... my brain hurts. :lol:

And then, of course, you never quite know who's going to want to be dominant one. Alfie wears the trousers here, but quite often it's the female. There are probably so many variables...... my brain hurts. :lol:

:lol: I have started another thread in rabbit chat, it is interesting to get all the opinions/experiences maybe there is a common pattern - who knows - bunnie's who have 'em :lol::lol: :love::love:

Back