• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wriggling and thrashing

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
I have a little problem.
Roland is a very well behaved little boy...eats grass,binkies,great indoors,good on the lap,especially for grooming...
But when it comes to picking him up out of the cage/run/off floor he runs around really scared and when I finally catch him, he throws himself about wildly.Im scared he will hurt himself.
(The rescue said he doesnt like to be caught)....
How can I make this alot less "painful" for us both????
Any ideas??

The hutch he shares with Mrs Bun is ground level now, so when I want them both in, i herd them.Its working well.Such good bunnies!!!:love::love::love:

Pinky really doesn't like being picked up and it can be frustrating, esp when we were trying to get her from inside out or vice versa.

What we have found as a good method is to sherpard her to the litter tray and then pick her up and transport her in that. Obviously depends on how big and how full the litter tray is :oops::oops::oops::D

Pinky really doesn't like being picked up and it can be frustrating, esp when we were trying to get her from inside out or vice versa.

What we have found as a good method is to sherpard her to the litter tray and then pick her up and transport her in that. Obviously depends on how big and how full the litter tray is :oops::oops::oops::D

I still do that with Pickles sometimes, as he's not a 'snuggle-bun'. If you have to pick him up you could use a small towel to scoop him up with. He'll probably feel more secure, and your arms won't get scratched either.

cornering and a quick firm scoop with beth, she wriggles a bit but if i hold her firm she settles quite quick,

carrie well there has been times ive had toput a towel over her, because she will bite being picked up, thing is shes fine once shes in your arms

I get 15 seconds to move biggles as he genuinely seems to suffer vertigo, i actually feel his poor tummy lurch, as i stand

as for doc he'll do anything for a cuddle :love:

trick is speed, if you cant herd into a carrier, a towel could help, i mean either way hes going to panic,

I have heard of people throwing towels over rabbits to calm them down before moving them about but don't know if it works.:)

It's dark and secure so the rabbit is supposed to calm down - in theory!! I don't know whether all rabbits have read the theory.;)

I have heard of people throwing towels over rabbits to calm them down before moving them about but don't know if it works.:)

It's dark and secure so the rabbit is supposed to calm down - in theory!! I don't know whether all rabbits have read the theory.;)

no they havent carrie still tries to bite through my towels :lol::lol: i do it purely to protect my hands, she whipped her neck round once and bit my shoulder while i was cutting her claws once lil minx

Haha, Pinky definately hasn't. Once she worked out towel on head meant being picked up the process turned into a game of 'Daddy chasing towel around Garden'. Think the neighbours thought I was mad.

I must say nboth of ours are better with Fi than they are me. They are still young so may it "Errrrrrr don't like boys"

Back