• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is this common for p@h??

shell1805

Mama Doe
i was in there today and i was looking at the buns as i always do (i dont know why i torture myself) in there was the most gorgeous giant, spit image of my daisy but with a caramel stripe and spots. i had seen him weeks back but had thought he had sold. when i asked why he was back the assistant said that he had always been there but a new batch of younger ones had come in and as he hadnt sold they kept him out back. now they were gone they though they'd try to sell him again. felt awful for this poor animal..... do all p@h do this??

I wonder what they do with "rotated stock" that they still cannot sell after a few spins of the rotation wheel?:shock:

Back to the "supplier" for "refurbishment" or "disposal", perhaps?:censored:

I know, I'm just cynical.:(

I wonder what they do with "rotated stock" that they still cannot sell after a few spins of the rotation wheel?:shock:

Back to the "supplier" for "refurbishment" or "disposal", perhaps?:censored:

I know, I'm just cynical.:(

I think they put them in their own adoption section. Isn't there some kind of regulation or something, where if they aren't sold by a certain age, they can't charge for them? I can't quite remember so I could be wrong! :lol:

i got sebastian from p@h the adoption bit, he'd been there umm 3 months and that was the first time i'd seen him, i go in regularly aswell, i assume they keep them out back

I think they put them in their own adoption section. Isn't there some kind of regulation or something, where if they aren't sold by a certain age, they can't charge for them? I can't quite remember so I could be wrong! :lol:

An "adoption section" is such a polite euphemism if that is the one they use. I suppose that "Unsold/Unwanted or Damaged Stock" would send the wrong message?

If they can't charge for them then the bunnies must be "free". What next, I wonder, an advertisement stating, "Rabbit -free to good home. She has been here a long time and we can no longer give him/her the attention he/she deserves".

All they need to add is "PS: We also sell snakes".:roll:

Getting very close to the free-ads papers' territory now.:censored:

My cynicism with pet shops is clearly running away with me now. I know they are not all bad:?. I apologise to everyone on this thread:oops:

An "adoption section" is such a polite euphemism if that is the one they use. I suppose that "Unsold/Unwanted or Damaged Stock" would send the wrong message?

If they can't charge for them then the bunnies must be "free". What next, I wonder, an advertisement stating, "Rabbit -free to good home. She has been here a long time and we can no longer give him/her the attention he/she deserves".

All they need to add is "PS: We also sell snakes".:roll:

Getting very close to the free-ads papers' territory now.:censored:

My cynicism with pet shops is clearly running away with me now. I know they are not all bad:?. I apologise to everyone on this thread:oops:

the adoption centre is a section within the store where the animals are ket this comprises of non sold stock as you put it and also pets brought back or given up by owners for various reasons, they ask a donation for everyanimal and have clearly got minimal ideas although i dont think they can impose tehm they expect at least #20 for a rabbit and at least 2 pounds for a little hamster the money received goes back into the care of tehse animals,
from what i understand all pets at home stores now vacinate all rabbits against myxi though they still do not spay/neuter they advise you to do so.

I wonder what the conditions are like "out back" :(

We use the same cages we sell on the shopfloor. e.g Nero 3 / Ferplast 100 or Nero 4 / Ferplast 120 for rabbits and Guinea pigs. We have a quarantine / quiet room and isolation rooms for any poorly animals. We also have a separate area for our adoption animals.

'Out back' is not like something from a horrible breeding unit, as I am sure you are currently imagining it is.

Theres a black dutch at my local one, keeps going backwards and forwards....way too tempting :(

My friend works there and from what she tells me its nothing like a small cramped breeders unit out back .

Most of the staff I have seen at PAH know quite a bit about animals. On Friday, one of the lads was telling a woman how to bond two guinea pigs. Their fish tanks are always clean and well-kept, unlike most garden centre fish tanks.

I do think the rabbits in the adoption section don't have enough room in those small glass tanks though.

i got sebastian from p@h the adoption bit, he'd been there umm 3 months and that was the first time i'd seen him, i go in regularly aswell, i assume they keep them out back

I'm pretty sure, although I don't know why/how I know this :?, but if an animal is moved to the adoption section because it hasn't sold, and then no one adopts it for a while, it can be moved to a bigger store that has more "people traffic" and is therefore more likely to find a new home.

That may be why you didn't see him sooner!!

xxx

Back