• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit poo...

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
..... so Benson does larger poo than Lola. I had my suspiscions as some poos in litter tray were bigger than others. Found the small(er) poo culprit today after I'd changed litter. Lola settled down for a poo and a munch on some hay and lept out leaving behind some raisin size poo. Benson's are raisin sized too but like larger raisins if that makes sense. They both only get about 35-40 grams of burges per day and as far as I can tell - both eat loads of hay and a small amount of fresh veg or herbs. They are mini lops.

Any thoughts? Both dive on any food offered and are like a couple of playful puppies..... :?

bunnies do different size poops ;)

its good for bunny moms to tell whos pooping right and whos not...

bunnies do different size poops ;)

its good for bunny moms to tell whos pooping right and whos not...

So I won't worry then unless I see any more changes. Nothing like hoaking around in a litter tray of an evening, scrutinising poo - fat poo, smaller poo, two poos strung together with some fur as rabbits are moulting....... :lol:

hehe just get used to what is normal.. thats the best you can do... you will never mistake a stasis poop but if you know who the other belong to youll know whos having a slow down :D

i cant tell my two apart anymore :cry: since pearl got on the drugs hers are the same size as alvins so its been a true nightmare only poops i could 100% know were his were ones i witnessed him scattering, yet the vet said he was empty so pooping just fine.

i now have to try and judge the volume overall.... nightmare :roll::roll:

wish id kept him single when stasis arrives

eta - some poops are natually smaller too depending on the time of day etc... a squeeze test works well then :oops::oops:

.... so would a stasis poop be very small and very dry then? Lola was off her food a while back. Stretching out and hunching up then stretching out again. I took her to vets immediatly (all hours vet - £123 for 5 minutes and an injection!) Injection did the trick but I didn't see any unusual poo in litter - the vet asked me to look for that. If someone had told me how much I'd love these rabbits and how I'd worry and how much there actually is to worry about, I honestly would have thought twice!!! :roll:

Do love em though!

yes they are tiny tiny little things and hard as stones... if poops break apart even if small i tend not to worry... its them stasis ones that terrify me :(

next time alvin goes off ill get a pic for you :wave::wave:

yes they are tiny tiny little things and hard as stones... if poops break apart even if small i tend not to worry... its them stasis ones that terrify me :(

next time alvin goes off ill get a pic for you :wave::wave:

Thanks!! but I hope you are never able to get a picture for little Alvins sake! Oi! Alvin - eat your hay!!!:love:

If someone had told me how much I'd love these rabbits and how I'd worry and how much there actually is to worry about, I honestly would have thought twice!!! :roll

ditto

eta - some poops are natually smaller too depending on the time of day etc... a squeeze test works well then :oops::oops:[/QUOTE]

so you're gillian mcthingy then, not me:shock::lol:

eta - some poops are natually smaller too depending on the time of day etc... a squeeze test works well then :oops::oops:[/QUOTE]

so you're gillian mcthingy then, not me:shock::lol:

im afraid so.... im very poop obsessed.. infact i just squeezed a few :oops::oops::oops:

im afraid so.... im very poop obsessed.. infact i just squeezed a few :oops::oops::oops:

what a strange habit you have:D
(see, now i've had to go and squeeze one :oops:- still warm tho as eric had only just hopped out of his tray:mrgreen: your fault!)

OMG, reading that made me go over to the buns litter tray and squeeze a couple of poops. I can tell my two's apart as Darwin (frenchy) is much bigger than Lavender, so his poops are massive compared to hers. I've been worried as Lavenders have got slightly smaller over the last few days, but she's eating and drinking fine - just had a squeeze. All fine. :D Thanks for the tip! :wave:

:lol:
i haven't squeezed today but eric was a bit off yesterday - less of them but still 'nice'. plenty in the tray now but i've just been out for lunch and i don't fancy sticking my hand in at the mo to squeeze:?

esme must know when i'm 'checking' cos she hops into her litter tray and refuses to budge:lol:

Back