• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted but....

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Watch your rabbits and make sure they are eating!!!!!! No matter how many you have!!!!

Heard in the pet shop yesterday about a woman who has several rabbits all living together and she didn't notice that one wasn't eating. She only found out after the poor little thing died of starvation that it had sore teeth :cry: Ooohhhhhh people make me soooooo maaaaaaad. If you cant give your animals the attention they need then DONT GET THEM!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrr. :censored:

to be fair, its not widely known how much attention rabbits need! if more people knew, fewer would try to keep rabbits as pets.

:cry::cry:

Poor bunny. Im always rather paranoid about the buns eating. Luckily my buns are in pairs, so i put the pellets in of a morning before i do the litter trays/water bowls to make sure i see them eating. If i think a bun isnt eating its straight to the fenugreek crunchies! Ronnie has had stasis many times so i do get rather paranoid :oops:

xXx

when i go downstairs in a morning my 3 are all on the second level sat around the food dish waiting :roll: when i put the pellets in they stand in a row nomming, it's so cute bless em :love:
If any of the 3 weren't at the dish waiting i'd be worried!

:( Poor little bun.
Pipkin and Ruby eat seperately cause otherwise Ruby scoffs all the food within a few seconds. :roll: Pip is a slooow eater. It's annoying having to seperate them but at least I can make sure they're both eating.

Also get to know what is 'normal' for your Rabbit's poo output. A Rabbit will usually have smaller/fewer poos before they stop eating, sometimes for several days before so poo changes are an early warning sign that should never be ignored.

Also get to know what is 'normal' for your Rabbit's poo output. A Rabbit will usually have smaller/fewer poos before they stop eating, sometimes for several days before so poo changes are an early warning sign that should never be ignored.

Great advice. I knew to keep an eye on poo but not that changes could start over several days before they stop eating. Thanks for that - something else to be paranoid about!! :lol:

Great advice. I knew to keep an eye on poo but not that changes could start over several days before they stop eating. Thanks for that - something else to be paranoid about!! :lol:

Have one Rabbit = Paranoia

Have several Rabbits = Mass Paranoia :shock:

Have one Rabbit = Paranoia

Have several Rabbits = Mass Paranoia :shock:

God jane, I don't know how you do it! I'm panicking right now cuz Ginger Bun has a 'tummy ache', and Pickles' eyes aren't right. How the heck do you cope with 40 odd...?!

*Serious admiration*

God jane, I don't know how you do it! I'm panicking right now cuz Ginger Bun has a 'tummy ache', and Pickles' eyes aren't right. How the heck do you cope with 40 odd...?!

*Serious admiration*

Flip me!!!! 40 RABBITS!! I take my floppy eared hat off to you. I have two and had thought of a third but decided it would just be too much for me to handle!!! I'm such a light weight!!!!:lol:

very good advice. I always watch my rabbits eating, but then I only have two to watch. I watch for their excitment when I give them the food and I watch that they eat their share of the food and don't drop any food from their mouths. I also watch them several times a day to make sure that they are eating their hay too.

Back