• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding an unneutered male?

Lillian

Warren Veteran
I'm fairly sure it's a no.. But can you bond an unneutered buck with another *neutered* rabbit, or will the buck just hump or fight the other rabbit constantly?

Best to have both neutered I reckon. From what I've read on here, the unneutered male will be more aggressive, territorial etc. The best combo seems to be neutered male and speyed female from the comments I have seen on rabbit forums.

I would say it's not impossible as it will depend on the individual rabbits, but I guess it might be a harder bonding than if they were both neutered and a more volatile combination. Having said that, we have two neutered males who were bonded and fell out and they are proving difficult to reunite, so not even 'done' ones are not that easy to bond.

I am guessing you have a neutered male and have found an uneutered one you would like to have as a friend?

I have a castrated male and an UN neutered girl....bonded a week ago and doing great!!!!!! (Cant do Lily...she has problems....)

I know unneutered females can sometimes be bonded but i think its quite different when it's an unneutered male :? I think maybe constant humping would become an issue

I thought I was gonna have problems with Lily Shane....shes feisty!! Beebee gave up trying to hump her...:lol::lol:
However,I think there would be probs if you tried the 2 males.
Could it also be difficult even if they were both neutered?????? I seem to recall a thread....????

I've had a few neutered rabbits that were difficult to bond, and others which where surprisingly easy.

I think i shall give up on the idea, just hate any rabbit having to live its life alone :(

My friend has bonded boys several times,her last bond was 2 unneutered males [much to my horror].They got on fine until one became hormonal and "humpy" so off he went to the plum fairy,she never separated them and now they live happily together-one neutered ,one entire.I keep asking her if either shows any signs of aggression etc but they are a happy loved up couple!!:?

Back