• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent help Needed

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
Radish and Waffle have just started to fight. Waffle keeps humping Radish and then nipping at her ears and eyes and I'm not sure what to do :cry::cry:

What you have described don't sound like fighting...just that your boy is a sex pest!

You should be okay as long as your girl doesn't fight back.

Are both neutered? Sounds like it could just be a 'spring is in the air' kinda thing.
Mine are all neutered etc but still start feeling a bit frisky when spring arrives and everybun gets a bit more 'humpy' than usual! So long as Radish isnt too fussed about it I wouldnt worry x
ETA: I'm sorry I just saw your post in Photos. Sounds like they are still getting used to each other a bit? So long as Radish doesnt take exception and fight back all should be fine.

Last edited:
So they are both girls?

I which case it's probably a dominance thing, so you'll need to keep a close eye on them. and split them up if it looks like any bun is going to get hurt.

Hope it works out for you

i think they are trying to figure out who is boss and it could be spring fever too.
My girls are fighting/chasing too as its spring :roll:

Hope they settle down soon :wave:

Could be a bit of dominance wrangling a bit as they've just come home but also maybe spring fever, my girls will hump anything this time of year :oops: :lol: including each other. Keep an eye but fingers crossed it will settle.

Hopefully they are just settling in - keep watch for a few days..

Have you tried distraction with food etc Are they ok the majority of the time or is it constant pestering? Who was boss at Kris's??

There isnt anything of Radishes in the pen is there? all neutral etc..

Hope it all calms down - naughty buns xx

Hopefully they are just settling in - keep watch for a few days..

Have you tried distraction with food etc Are they ok the majority of the time or is it constant pestering? Who was boss at Kris's??

There isnt anything of Radishes in the pen is there? all neutral etc..

Hope it all calms down - naughty buns xx

They seem to have calmed down now :roll: Waffle was the boss at Kris' and there isn't anything of Radish's in the pen that hasn't thoroughly been disinfected.

I get the feeling I will be sleeping on the couch tonight :roll:

What I did at the start was put them both in the carrier for a while to settle them down. After the initial few days back home, they should settle quickly.

Fingers crossed for you - My 2 still chase occasionally and they have been bonded 3 months so dont worry too much but it is horrible to watch I hate it. I spent 2 nights in the room with them!! :roll:

I think only if full on fighting - blood drawn etc then you will have to seperate - dont worry about a bit of fur if they are nipping but do keep a close eye on them just in case..

good Luck - hope you get some sleep tonight!

It sounds like pretty normal 'bonding' behaviour to me. As long as Radish is moving away from Waffle you're not going to get a full on fight. Even if they bonded well at Kris's, they're going to have a few skuffles at your place because it's a 'new' territory and they need to confirm their status again. Rampant humping and nipping is normal (especially at this time of year - mine are all at it :roll:). As long as they're not jumping up in the air and taking chunks out of each other, I wouldn't worry too much.

I've always slept downstairs with mine when bonding. Get the airbed out, you could be on the floor for a week or more :lol:. Only when I've had calm and relatively 'normal' behaviour for several days do I tip-toe back up to bed.

Don't be too worried.
My two groups have been fur pulling and chasing a lot recently, I think it's down to Spring Fever, I am thinking twice about bonding my group now though (at this time of year)
How big is the space you're allowing them?

My two freaked me out recently by starting to squabble so I sympathise - it's horrible to watch. Mine have settled down again now, but I imagine spring fever will probably precipitate a few more squabbles as the weather improves. Bunnies eh?

Hope your girls settle down soon :)

I would say that's fine for a day or two whilst they're still settling in as I've always found that an excess of space creates more problems rather than helping the issue. Once they've stopped scrapping, I'd then increase the space gradually (perhaps to the size of their fleece blanket/rug), before allowing them the run of the whole lounge.

Back