• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone know of an 8 foot run?

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Anywhere? I've found a couple online, but from sites which also sell 3 foot hutches! :shock: I'm not supporting them! :evil:

It needs to be about 8ft long by 6ft-8ft wide, preferably WITHOUT a roof, although this doesn't matter too much. Making one isn't an option.

Any links greatly apprieciated. :)

Custom made is probably your best and only option - there was a new guy on here offering them recently - forgotten his name though! Maybe search "need new hutches or runs" as a thread, think it was something like that!

Custom made is probably your best and only option - there was a new guy on here offering them recently - forgotten his name though! Maybe search "need new hutches or runs" as a thread, think it was something like that!

I found that thread, and commented on it. Sadly he's still selling 3-footers. :( There must be someone out there who ONLY sells decent stuff?!

They look amazing - thank you for the link Liz, we are looking for some new runs for the boarding business, they are perfect.

I was dreaming about it last night. I really, really need to persuade my parents to let me buy one. As the rabbits can't use the lawn anymore (contaminated by wildies) I'd have to dig up a patch of lawn and re-seed it. My parents are very view-proud, and I don't think they'd apprieciate how important this is. So far my arguments are:

1. The rabbits are having dentals every month now - as they aren't great hay eaters they need grass to graze on to help them keep their teeth worn down.

2. The grass in their usual run needs a break - last year it seemed to dissapear completely!

3. Ginger is very underweight. I can't keep giving him veggies cuz then he won't eat his hay. He needs the grass for some healthy nomming.

4. It'll be good enrichment, to be somewhere other than their usual shed/run sometimes - on a nice day it's a shame to have them indoors.

5. It means I won't have to section off an area of vegetable patch like I was going to - more room for my dad's veggies.

6. Help, I'm running out of ideas - what can I say to convince them guys?!!

Last edited:
Could you not buy a large tray (those made for grow-bags are probably ideal!) and put soil in one and seed this as a small 'lawn area' instead? With Spring on the way these are freely available in all decent garden centres. Might be a less drastic option - and would probably grow quicker too.

Could you not buy a large tray (those made for grow-bags are probably ideal!) and put soil in one and seed this as a small 'lawn area' instead? With Spring on the way these are freely available in all decent garden centres. Might be a less drastic option - and would probably grow quicker too.

Last year I did this with the base of an old indoor cage. It was a complete failure!

I just had a massive debate with my mum! It went something like this:

Me: Mum, I was wondering, if I bought a new run for the rabbits, like a really big one, would it be ok for me to have it in the garden? I thought maybe down the side of the outbuilding, on the grass there. Or behind the vegetable patch cuz they'd get some more social interaction from us. It's just they really need to graze more - I spoke to Katie about it last night and she said it'd probably help prolong the gaps between dentals. It'd be really good enrichment for them too. I'd need to dig up the lawn though, is that ok? And reseed it...

Mum: Of course darling, I don't mind at all!

:shock:

I love my mummy!!!! :love:

Yay!! :D

Did you buy her something especially nice for Mother's Day lol? ;)

Am glad she's agreed. Look forward to pics when it's all installed.

Yay!! :D

Did you buy her something especially nice for Mother's Day lol? ;)

Am glad she's agreed. Look forward to pics when it's all installed.

I felt bad actually cuz only bought her some flowers and a DVD, but we don't really 'Do' Mother's Day. We are sending her and Dad to Scilly for their anniversary though, so hopefully they'll apprieciate that.

I just can't get over how readily they agreed. They haven't even given me a maximum size for it. Trouble is my original plan of an 8ft x 6ft run has raidly expanded to a 19ft x 8ft one! Ah well, that's just a £400 over budget - who needs a car anyway?! :lol:

Last edited:
Back