• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do some rabbits just not wash others?

weeble

Albert lived with the dutch three for the first 6 months I had him and although the girls bullied him a bit they did also wash him. I have never saw him wash them back but I just thought it was beacuse they often chased him.

He has now been with Evie for 4 months and they are so cute together she washes him lots and he washes himself but again I have never seen him wash her. Do some rabbits just have bad manners? I know the dominant bun sometimes doesnt wash the others (Dutchie doesnt) but Albert hadnt used to be the boss and now their is just two im sure Evie would like to be washed back occassionally

when cloudy lived with my mum he used to play with her buns (they were in seperate cages but still loved each other)

because he was so young when we got him (we got all 4 on the same day) he's always acted like a baby. he's never licked (from what we've seen) but he will mard the girls to the point of driving them crazy for a wash!!

I've always just assumed it was because Oliver rabbit is a bit docile and slow on the uptake :oops:

He knows how to get a good grooming from Ebbie but doesn't seem to give her any back

i think it was a good 6 months before i saw mutual grooming and even now pearl does about 95% of the grooming while Alvin sits back and lets his woman look after him :roll:

Hmmmmm it seems to be that boys just dont wash :lol::lol:

Ill have to tell Fudge who spends ages grooming Dutchie

I have a bonded group of 5 - 3 girls and 2 boys.

The girls will sit and groom each other, themselves and the boys but the boys expect to be groomed by the girls and I have never seem them groom the girls in return.

So in my experience I subscribe to the boy/girl theory that 'boys don't wash' :roll: though I'm sure there will be the exception to the rule just like male humans :lol:

It's obviously a boy thing :lol:

We all know boys don't wash :wave:

:lol::lol::lol: same with my last bonded pair-Daisy would spend hours cleaning Fluffy[m] Fluffy never groomed her back-ever!!! However now she's with Loppy they groom each other 50/50. :D

Stew waits til Dumpling is grooming himself then shoves her head/leg/back under his nose and hopes he won't notice, he then gives her a quick wash and he's back to grooming himself :roll:

Teddy's the boss in his and Ruby's relationship, but he does the majority of the grooming. Ruby's been with Ted since she was weeks old, so I think he "mother's" her. She's all hormoney, and humps Ted, but if he pushes her off, then she won't try again.:no: He's deffo top bun. Roob's has started to groom Ted a bit, but nowhere near the amount Ted does.

Patrick is always grooming Twinsen, closed ive seen it the other way round is Patrick shooving his head under Twinsens chin, she just ignores him lol:lol:

I was advised by FHB to get my bunny a companion to help keep his eyes clean as he has problems with blocked tear ducts and dental problems and the skin around his eyes get sore. Henry and Uncle have been together for over a year and spend a lot of time grooming each other, BUT has Henry ever cleand Uncles eyes?????? NO he never ever cleans his eyes!!!
Is this because they are both boys.
My other bunny pairs love cleaning each others eyes.

Honey grooms Hector all the time, but i only see Hector groom Honey about once a month (at most) and then its for a couple of seconds only. But I don't think he's particularly the dominant one, I think he doesn't really get the idea of grooming somebunny else :?

Homey and my bridge bunny were always grooming each other (like kissing cousins pose) and Homey and Katy also groom each other too. Homer likes to groom me lots too.:love::love::love: My boy is clean.:p

Blue grooms Bandit almost as much as she grooms him....they are very very close now, he is her second husband and brother to her first husband

ruby is dominant bun and she grooms herself and only grooms reggie a tiny bit if he forces himself on her - its so cute, she will be there washing her feet and he pushes his head under her feet and she thinks "oh go on then" and gives him a little lick whcih he loves. He spends most of his time grooming her and making her pretty!

Back