• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey in Stasis-please help

BaileyBunn

Warren Scout
Hi all, this is carrrying on from another thread in the health section, but as im running out of time i wanted to start another one to get as much feedback as poss....Bailey went in to GI stasis the day before yesterday, she was admitted to the vets yesterday afternoon, they are trying lots of injections and drugs on her but they said this morning they only have to more options up their sleeves, one is another drug and 2 is to insert a tube through her nasal passage to manually insert food and water in to her stomach...
I know how knoledgeable this site is so bascally, my two questions are:
Has anyone else has the nasal tube method used on their bun, as i dont like the sound of it
and two
have any of you please got any ideas on anything that can help to bring her out of stasis.
Thanks

I'm afraid I don't know the answers to your questions but I just want to say I hope things work out for Bailey.

Sending millions of vibes for her.

Can't help you I'm afraid other than to send lots of vibes for Bailey.

ps - would this be better in Health?

do they have your bunny on a drip? i truely believe it was the extra strong pain relief and the fluid by drip that saved Alvins life when he was admitted over night at the emergency vets, that was his worst stasis ever and there was doubt he would make it.

you must be terrified.. im sending all the vibes i can xxxxx

bertie has a touch of it...hes full of gas and has been on metaclop etc for days and days...its the pain..then the antibiotics at fault.

hes been much much worse...we had zantac alongside metaclop...as by then he was fading before our eyes. our vet gave him subcut fluids in the surgery....and he did pick up..but stasis is such a long hard battle.

sending all the vibes possible xx

We really need more information around what drugs have been used, what the vet has checked for etc. To be honest, I also think multiple threads confuse things, as people will reply who don't know the story from the other thread.

I know you must be very stressed. Thinking of you x

Hi all, i havent been able to get on the internet since saturday as ive moved back to my mums, Bailey is home now and through much time patience and lots of drugs shes started eating and pooing again and had her first bit of pellets since thursday yesterday, basically she was in the vets 2 nights 3 days, she was being given baytrill twice a day as well as the gut motility drug (not sure what its called) and pain relief, she refused to eat aswell unless i was there so i went over 4 times in the 2 days, luckly the nurse which stays in over night let me go in and sit with her and keep offering her food and i think once the nurse saw how much i cared she stayed up most of sat night massaging her belly and offering her food, its been hard to get her eating again though as she will not syringe feed, she actually goes crazy. im having to give her 0.8 of baytrill twice a day through syringe and she had a bit of a shaking attack yesterday from it, so im improvising by giving it to her in her water bowl, its gonna be a while before shes back to normal and all i can do is hope she doesnt go downhill again in the next week, sorry for my multiple threads :oops: ill just be using the "Bailey in stasis" theread in the health forum now to give anyone who wants to hear updates! thanks for everyones advice xx

Back