• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Using an Emergency Vet/ Different Vet-Word of Advice

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
If you take your Bun to any Vet other than the one you use regularly or if you use more than one Vet then I'd suggest ALWAYS asking for a printout of the EXACT treatment given-ie what drugs, what dose and at what time.

From other posts it appears that *some* Vets are less than co-operative with passing on details to the regular Vet of emergency treatment given..................

do vets not give invoices as a standard then :? how do people pay for stuff when they have no idea what they are paying for :shock::shock::shock:

oh right i didnt realise, both my vets and the vets now gave me itemised invoices. i thought it was a standard so they showed the customer what they were paying for :oops::oops:

I don't usually ask for one because the vet I usually see is very good about going through it all on the computer screen with me anyway so I usually know what I've paid for.

We are very lucky because our vet does their own on call work, so we will always see a vet we know and has access to all records.
Until I came on here I didn't realise things happened differently. I would feel very uncomfortable if that were to happen. A company has taken over on call work for some vets in the city and I've heard some very scary stories about their abilities and costs, I don't know what I would do if our vets went that way, we have lots of call outs with our animals.

I don't usually ask for one because the vet I usually see is very good about going through it all on the computer screen with me anyway so I usually know what I've paid for.

i never remember what im being told in a state of panic.. this injection for this that injection for that.. what i hear is blah blah bunnys really sick blah might die blah :oops::oops::oops:

i need the invoice to digest it all later when im not crying :oops::lol::lol:

We get an itemised bill everytime and when Homey was in for a few days is showed what he was given each day (not what time though). Our emergency hospital is my vet anyway and computer records are linked to branches.

I always ask if people want a receipt, because many people don't and it does save on paper, but I would always offer one.

Our vet always offers one, but I have stopped having them every trip now instead they post me out one for the whole month at the end of each month. Saves on lots of paper :lol:

We're lucky as our usual vets do their own emergency service.....but I don't often have an invoice, for one I trust my vet and two I know what they've given anyway...I can always ask for one if I need it though

Back