• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I stop....

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Paddy and Peaches weeing on their blankets :evil:

I'm having to change them every couple of days because they're soaking and smelly

They know how to use their litter tray as they do most of their wee's in there

They also poop outside of the tray too, but again, they know how to use the tray because they do poo in there

I bought Wilmy a gorgeous fluffy black cat bed that cost £25 and was lovely! It was in the bin a week later as he wouldn't stop weeing on it and chewing it, lol! Now I use a softish piece of carpet in his bed area and he has a little rug that he sleeps on!

its cosy, its mine, so i wee on it. their thoughts, not mine! the cosy bed was a non-starter - they just thought it was a toilet and never sat there for more than a moment or two. i've put fleeces in a variety of places around their area, rather than in their bedspace, and this seems to work. the darkest cosiest part of their area -bedspace - is full of hay. they don't wee there, but if i put a fleece there, they wee on it. i do not understand, i just try to fit in with their wishes....:lol:

My bunnies enitre area is covered in fleeces or folded up fleeces as comfy bed. They once wee'd on them so the whole lot got removed and they had newspaper and carpet until they learned to only wee in their litter tray again - which they did. Then they got the fleeces back. They haven't wee'd on them since.

Remember if anything smells of wee then they'll see on it, so you'll need to wash the blankets really well!

edited - just thought, to get rid of the wee smell I soaked the blankets in water with white wine vinegar in.

What about using Vetbed Sarah? :) It wouldnt hold the wee as such so wouldnt be soggy and wet. You'd still need to wash it every few days though :(

As for the weeing outside the tray i really dont know :? How about not giving them the blankets? Do they then use the tray fully or do they wee on the floor :oops: xXx

its cosy, its mine, so i wee on it. their thoughts, not mine! the cosy bed was a non-starter - they just thought it was a toilet and never sat there for more than a moment or two. i've put fleeces in a variety of places around their area, rather than in their bedspace, and this seems to work. the darkest cosiest part of their area -bedspace - is full of hay. they don't wee there, but if i put a fleece there, they wee on it. i do not understand, i just try to fit in with their wishes....:lol:

My lot see hay and they think "oooohh eatey and weeing time" - no matter where the hay is and regardless of its in a litter tray or not :roll:

My bunnies enitre area is covered in fleeces or folded up fleeces as comfy bed. They once wee'd on them so the whole lot got removed and they had newspaper and carpet until they learned to only wee in their litter tray again - which they did. Then they got the fleeces back. They haven't wee'd on them since.

Remember if anything smells of wee then they'll see on it, so you'll need to wash the blankets really well!

edited - just thought, to get rid of the wee smell I soaked the blankets in water with white wine vinegar in.[/QUOTE]

I might need to do this i think

And if i remove all the blankets, they'll have nowhere to sit apart from on the lino :(

What about using Vetbed Sarah? :) It wouldnt hold the wee as such so wouldnt be soggy and wet. You'd still need to wash it every few days though :(

As for the weeing outside the tray i really dont know :? How about not giving them the blankets? Do they then use the tray fully or do they wee on the floor :oops: xXx

Where does the wee go with the vetbed then?

They mainly wee in the tray, but seem to like using the blankets too :? plus i do find the odd wee thats not been done on the blanket or in the litter tray :roll:

Sarah - how big an area are they in? I've been told previously that the best way to get buns to relearn their litter training is to restrict their area. Worth a try.

Back