• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Isabelle - more photos post 22

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
This beautiful girl has been thrust upon us by, what I can only describe as a complete :censored:

We had a lady come into the vets to book her hamster in to have his teeth clipped (they were growing out of his mouth at a right angle!!!)

She asked me if I knew anyone who could help her with her rabbit. This is how the conversation went:

me, "what's wrong?"
her, "I hate her, she bites me and boxes me and she's horrible"
me, "how old is she? has she been spayed"
her, "she's a year and no"
me, "well I would definately recommend getting her spayed"
her, "how much is that?"
me, "£65"
her, "WHAT?!"
me, "has she been vaccinated?"
her, "huh?"
me, "Myxo and VHD are deadly diseases. If she catched either of these, she could easily die"
her (sarcastically), "awww, what a shame"
me, "She is probably really miserable and lonely. She really needs a friend"
her, "Do you want her? Have you got a friendly rabbit that I can swap her for?"
me, "No I do not!!!"
her, "most mornings I wake up and hope that the fox has got her. She stinks cos I can't clean her out as she is so vicious. My husband has to throw
food at her so that she doesn't bite him. I think she moves her food bowl on purpose to annoy me"
me, "well, rabbits are very intelligent and I would do the same if I was her!"
her, "well if nobody can take her, I will let he go to bunny heaven. I don't think the vet would put her down if she's healthy though"
me, "I wouldn't let that happen!!! I suggest you go and get her and bring her to me. I will get her spayed and vaccinated and make sure goes to
a home where she is loved, has company and will be VERY happy"
her, "can you come and get her cos I don't want to touch her"
me, "go and get her now"

This woman was saying all of this infront of her young son...what a great role model!

Here is Isobel (she was originally named Sugar but deserves a new name)

IMG_3258.jpg

She is very confused and scared but has not shown any aggression towards me, Paul or the vet. She has had her Myxo, will be spayed next Wednesday and will have her VHD in 2 weeks.

She is looking for a home with a handsome neutered male. She is so very pretty.

Last edited:
:Dshe is beautiful.
i only remember your thread from the other day saying how hard this time of year is as you work in a vets and people know you have rabbits but by the sound of things that rabbit needed to be rescued.
how could someone want there rabbit to be eaten i mean my it just takes time to earm a rabbits trust if your just going to throw food in its never going to get use to human contact.
at least you saved her :D

thank goodness she is away from that AWFUL person. :censored:

she is really lovely. i hope she finds an amazing home where she will be loved and cherished as she deserves. x

:Dshe is beautiful.
i only remember your thread from the other day saying how hard this time of year is as you work in a vets and people know you have rabbits but by the sound of things that rabbit needed to be rescued.
how could someone want there rabbit to be eaten i mean my it just takes time to earm a rabbits trust if your just going to throw food in its never going to get use to human contact.
at least you saved her :D

I couldn't turn this one down. I would never forgive myself if something happened to her :(

She is so sweet, she just needs time and patience and to learn that some humans are not total :censored::evil:

xxx

I couldn't turn this one down. I would never forgive myself if something happened to her :(

i know i always worry about the pets in the pet store about where they will end up. by the sound of that conversation i would have ran to her house scooped up the bunny and locked her in my car lol that women shouldnt be allowed to keep animals if she can disregard then so easily :evil:

i know i always worry about the pets in the pet store about where they will end up. by the sound of that conversation i would have ran to her house scooped up the bunny and locked her in my car lol that women shouldnt be allowed to keep animals if she can disregard then so easily :evil:

I asked her to please demolish the rabbit's hutch and she said she'll probably get some baby guinea pigs! :evil::cry::cry::roll::cry:

arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh people never learn :evil:
okay outburt over :lol:
in my experience i found it harder to get the trust of the two guinea pigs i had then my rabbits i find them very skittish animals so i unless i was doing something wrong i think she will find that harder

:evil::evil: Sometimes im ashamed to be human :cry: God only knows what that poor little bunny h as been through :cry: I cant even begin to imagine :cry:

Thank god shes safe with you now :love: xXx

Awww thank god you were able to rescue her. The poor little thing, she is lovely - you can see it in her eyes that she is just terrified and bewildered. I bet she is adorable and just wanting to be loved :love: Did she have hay and exercise? Stupid question really I suppose:roll:

Surprised you still have all your fingers, she looks so aggressive :roll:

My Sweep is an aggressive bunny, but it's only cos he's frightened. Why can't people just take the time to get to know their animals, to see when they are scared and to help them :(

My parents are offered animals on a weekly basis, seems no one cares about their pets anymore.

It's great you were able to take her in :D What a horrible owner :evil:

Thank God you have her. What a horrible lady. And what a sweet, beautiful bunny. I'm so glad she is not with that Nasty Woman any more!

She is so sleek & beautiful. :love:
Hope all goes well with her spey.
Well done you for getting her away from that vile waste of good skin.

What a scum bag. I would have been livid. How can people be so heartless?

Another case of someone not doing their research before diving in and getting a rabbit.

Back