• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Converting shed

Sparkles

Young Bun
Hi all :)

Just need some advice. We have been given a huge shed to convert for our bunnies. Currently we have a pair and a single but fingers crossed in a couple of weeks we will have a group of 4 :love:

They are all small rabbits (mini lop and 2 that are even smaller than him!) I have a 6ft run to attach to the outside with a cat flap but I just need some advice on the inside. What type of insulation should we use? Is lino ok for the floor?

Any help would be much appreciated as I want to get started with buying all the materials :D

hey good luck on converting the shed, would love to have the opportunity for a shed. I was told that lino tiles are good for the floor. I have used them for my summer hutches

I will be interested to read the responces to this post, because i would like to do this eventually for penny so that i can get her a husbun. my OH wont let me have another bun in the house, and i think penny would love a friend :):wave:

hehe I have wanted to get my little boy a friend for a while but with me already pushing my luck with 3 house buns I didnt think the outcome would be very good :p

Luckily my boyfriend has a huge shed at his house so we have been given that. We are hoping to get the three I have bonded with a rescue girl so really hope that goes well. I didnt really want them outside but as long as I can still have somewhere to sit with them and give them lots of cuddles they will be happy :love: Think I know where I'll be spending most my time :D Just cant wait to get started on converting the shed now! Im not exactly good at DIY lol :D

I will be interested to read the responces to this post, because i would like to do this eventually for penny so that i can get her a husbun. my OH wont let me have another bun in the house, and i think penny would love a friend :):wave:

I think you should go for it - everybun needs a friend their own species! :D

Something I wish I'd thought of is windows that open - that would have been so useful! I also highly reccommend a heater and a fan (if you have an electricity supply). Lino is great for the floor, although make sure you have soft snuggly areas too (vet bed is good for buns who aren't 'chewy', although hay and straw are obviously popular too). You'll need a couple of littertrays, a chair (for you as well as them!), and some other big items which create different levels (mine LOVE the storage chest), and plenty of tunnels, boxes and places to hide.

As for the run, it would be great if you could make it an 'aviery' style, so no preditors can get in from above, and you'll need to bury fine-mesh chicken wire underneath to stop the buns from digging out.

Back