• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

summer and winter

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
this summer i want to move sebastian outside so he can have more fun in the sun because he lurrves it :D

when could i move him outside?

i also want to bring him back inside in winter so he can still have cuddles with me (i cant get out in the cold very often as it goes straight to my bones :( )

any idea what sort of time i should bring him back in?

Depending what sort of weather we have, I'd say late September. My boys are going to be out from April til September, and back in with me over the autumn and winter. :)

thats the kind of timing i'm using for my guineas (although they're less hardy i know) - depending on whether april really IS feeling like spring:roll: i think they were still having lots of run time during october last year tho.

i think by mid april spring will be in full swing here (i hope so grey skys are boring!)

april till september sounds good :) how do you decide when its time for them to come back in?

i think by mid april spring will be in full swing here (i hope so grey skys are boring!)

april till september sounds good :) how do you decide when its time for them to come back in?

You'll know, and they'll let you know! You don't want to let them get too much winter coat or they'll start shedding it all over the house, so I think October is too late. There's no reason why the shouldn't be out in heir run for a couple of hours a day, throughout October (weather permitting!). They'll still enjoy the enrichment.

Back