• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do I need for my new rabbits,

briony_y

Young Bun
I am having two, they are not here yet, they are coming in 3-5 weeks.

The things I have so far are:

6 ft double hutch,
Cover for the hutch,
Large playstix for a hidey on the bottom layer,
Two food bowls (one for dry food, one for veg)
A giant rabbit water bottle,
A large indoor run,
A large collaspable outdoor run,
Disinfectant for the hutch,
wooden chew toys
Corner litter tray
Hay, Straw, Megazorb

There are a couple of things I am defintely going to get are:

Hay rack,
snugglesafe warming things,
Rabbit food (burgess excel nuggets as that is what they will be eating)

Is there anything I have missed or anything I need to add to my list? are there any toys they particually like? I have 4 guineas currently so I know a lot about what is and isn't safe for them. Are cardboard tubes and brown paper bags etc.. ok for rabbits as toys too??

Last edited:
:wave: That sounds like a comprehensive list already, I would also have some Fibreplex and dandelion handy just in case you encounter any minor digestive imbalances. www.hayexperts.co.uk have lots of different bits and bobs for bunnies you may see something you would like on there in terms of different hay or herbs etc Fenugreek crunchies are a popular treat and may be a handy item for bribery purposes.:lol: Oh also you may wish to offer water in a bowl aswell - it is actually a more natural way for rabbits to drink:D

Thanx, didn't know about the water bowl will get another bowl, does it need to be different to the others (smaller etc...)

I already have some fenegreek thingies my guineas hated them so that will be good to find a use for them. I also feed my pigs dandelion delight and other dried herbs so I presume these are ok for buns too??

Thanx, didn't know about the water bowl will get another bowl, does it need to be different to the others (smaller etc...)

I already have some fenegreek thingies my guineas hated them so that will be good to find a use for them. I also feed my pigs dandelion delight and other dried herbs so I presume these are ok for buns too??

My bunnies go mad for fenugreek crunchies and dandelion delight. :D

You probably already know this, having piggies, but just have lots patience with them. Get down to their level, let them come to you (treats help). And soon they'll be getting into all sorts of mischief. :)

If I were you I'd make it 2 littertrays for the hutch. That way they'll have one each so there won't be any excuses! You'll also need at least one for the run where they don't have access to the hutch.

oOoh i remember one of your previous threads i replied too... who are the lucky bunnies? ;)

Sounds like you have almost everything!! Very well organised bunny mummy! Wish all new bunny mummys were like you :lol: xXx

Thanks everyone think I will be sorted very soon... Now I just have to wait for the bunnies for another 4 weeks .... :(

Back