• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Confused - Noisy Tummy

Squishybunny

Warren Scout
Hi, have come to consult the oracle that is RU. I bow down to your superiour knowledge.

Ok on Tuesday night I came from work to find a slightly down in the dumps bunny. She didn't want to eat any of her favorites and let me pick her up without a fight. I bought her indoors and massaged her tummy that was making noise. I syringed BioLapis soloution into her every two hours during the evening and gave infacol. It was too late to get to the vets. I stayed up through the night to keep an eye on her. During the night she started stuffing her face, drinking, running about and munching hay. She also pooped. Wednesday morning was like nothing had happened, she ran round the garden, munched, pooped some more and drank. I decided not to take her to the vets (probably a mistake, but don't kill me).

Tonight I have come home to find a grumpy bunny, she doesn't want food and just wants to slob about, but she is really fighting me when I try and pick her up and legs it round and round. Her tummy is a little noisy, but not hard. Normally she fights like a demon when she I try and pick her up when she is well, which she is doing. When she was like this last time she just let me do anything. She had a bout of stasis this time last year, but was really bad.

I don't know what to do, do I grab her and start treatment, do I wait and see or just do something else that I havn't thought of.

Help (yes I know I'm being useless).

Have you tried tempting her with treats?
If she refuses to eat, I think it may be best to take her to the vets.
Sending lots of vibes for your bunny xxx

Ok, she has had 1ml of Zantac, 1.5mls of Infacol and 30mls of Bio Lapis solution over the last few hours. She has spent 1hr on my OH's lap being massaged. She has now woken up, got off the sofa of her own accord and started eating carrot greens. Now she has started eating hay and plantain out of the hay basket. Now she's grooming.

What do I do with this crazy chick who can't decide if she's sick or not. Do you think it's the cold playing havoc with her internal heating.

What do I do with this crazy chick who can't decide if she's sick or not. Do you think it's the cold playing havoc with her internal heating.

I haven't got a clue.:oops:
If she's a house bunny, she should be warm enough.
I'm glad she's feeling better.:)

Back