• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

yellow, jelly, mucus, gunge stuff...

BaileyBunn

Warren Scout
Baileys been off all day today, she wouldnt come out from under the bed all shes wanted to do is sleep, i finally managed to get her out about half hour ago and she went to her cage and has passed some really strage looking yellow jelly type mucus stuff with her poo, i dont know if this is normal ive got her to eat carrot and parsley so shes not off her food, anyone have any ideas on what might be causing the yellow stuff?:?
thanks xx

Mucus in the faeces is indicative of inflammation in the GI tract and/or dysbiosis in the caecum. It is *potentially* a very serious symptom and your Rabbit needs to be examined by a Vet today

thanks for replys...oh no :shock: ive got work in an hour and my vets is ages away..shes just had a chunk of carrot and seems to be up and about a bit more now... do you think this is really that serious that she needs the vets today, she doesnt appear to be in pain, i know i sound like a bad owner but i cant get her to the vets tonight and im just going to worry untill i get home...:(

she pulled out loads of fur earlier, i think she may of ingested some and its caused a blockage???

We cant possibly diagnose what is wrong. Only a Vet can do that by examining her. I would call the Vet now and get her there this afternoon/evening.

I lost a bun too after these symptoms he was eating and drinking fine and seemed well in himself. Hope you got your bunny to the vets x

Hi, Dont worry, go to the vets asap so you can catch it early. You will get some powder stuff you have to mix with water and you syringe feed it to your bun twice a day. Your bun has an upset tum, anything can cause this from new food, to new routine etc.
Stick to dry food and hay diet at the moment.
My gordon had this bout 2 weeks ago and is great now.

Best of luck

Amanda

xxxxx

just managed to get Bailey to the vets before work, vet said rather than a blockage her stomach felt very 'loose', and deffinetley having abdominal pains as she was hunching back when the vet pressed her stomach, she said its most likely veg or greens that have caused this even though nothing in her diet has changed for months...
Baileys been given a pain injection that'll last for 24 hours and a 5 day course of Bio Lapis to mix in with her water, i was also advised to get her some un sweetend pineapple juice to give her but i cant remember when the vet said to give this to her...think it was if the pains come back.
have just been advised to keep her on hay and pellets and a dry herb mix that the vets gave me. Ive just got to keep an eye on her and watch out for her hunching up.
Im not sure if she's gonna drink the Bio Lapis when she sniffed it earlier she completeley turned her back on it, and she doesnt take syringe feeding well ether, have given her the bio lapis in her bowl and her usuall bottle of normal water incase she wont touch the bowl. anyone else have problems with bio lapis? thanks for all the replys really appreciate having this website to come to x

just read previous replys about people losing their bunns after these symptoms...any more info u can give me on this? i just wnt to know what to look out for thanks x :?

Back