• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runs on concrete?

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Basically the rabbits live in a shed in summer and a hutch in the garage in winter.
Our garage is really heated and I get abit worried about them getting cold :oops:
They have all been in the house after Honey haveing her Op, bonding, Brambles Neuter and more bonding.
I'm going to put them back in the garage tomorrow hopefully. But as theres an extra one even though there hutch is massive I want to put the two runs so they have more space.
The floor is concrete would you put something on it or would it be ok for them to have the concrete.

Ithink I mother them too much :lol:

Mine have always been on concrete if you wanted a little padding just put some hay down.They have the choice then if they want to eat it or lay on it.:lol:

My runs are on paving slabs I have an under the bed box (one of those plastic storage boxes you slide under the bed) with newspaper and hay in and a piece of carpet in another corner.

Concrete is fine as long as they have something else they can also sit on like a blanket. Concrete also helps keep their nails short.

Back