• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new product at the hay experts...

We stock Bed O linum too.:D It is nothing like carefresh. We met with the people from Rondetto International (The Bunny Nature Group) at the excel show where it was launched. It is a lovely soft bedding made from Flax for rabbits, guinea pigs and small pets. You only need to change the bedding approx every 14 days if you fill the hutch to the recommended depth. It draws all the moisture away from the surface, reducing risk of flystrike, ammonia build up, respiratory conditions, sore hocks etc. You simply remove the area that has clumped and replace the bedding in that area. It can also be composted;)

We stock Bed O linum too.:D It is nothing like carefresh. We met with the people from Rondetto International (The Bunny Nature Group) at the excel show where it was launched. It is a lovely soft bedding made from Flax for rabbits, guinea pigs and small pets. You only need to change the bedding approx every 14 days if you fill the hutch to the recommended depth. It draws all the moisture away from the surface, reducing risk of flystrike, ammonia build up, respiratory conditions, sore hocks etc. You simply remove the area that has clumped and replace the bedding in that area. It can also be composted;)

that sounds brilliant. We switched to carefresh for hammie as he gets sawdust stuck in his hair, but carefresh is stinky!!

I recently switched and I love it, for my piggies. I was using puppy pads, but it was stinking after 3 days. Well Bunny O lithium I find is fantastic, In my hayloft I use storage box lids, filled with bunny O lithium, you would think it would collect urine, but Noooo, Bunny O lithium absorbs it and stays fresh, I take out the wet hay and top up as needed. I got too 6 days and it was still not smelling and would have went longer.

I got mine from animal magic the postage is very good and you get buy 2 get 1 free.

I will be buying more, very happy customer :).

Some pictures to show whats it like...

031.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

028.jpg

I really like it and it easily sweeped up off the fleece too, it's not as harsh on the pigs feet as megasorb, it isn't dusty either!

Hope this helps :)...

So does this last longer ,overall , than megazorb does?

Does it work out cheaper do you think?

How long does a bag of megasorb last you?

A 35 litre bag of Bed O Linum if used properly is suitable for a 5ft x 2ft hutch, and if used in the whole hutch can last up to 2 weeks (some have reported longer). There is a 3 for 2 offer on it at the moment so that does make it a bit more econimical, but if you are just going to use it in litter trays it would obviously last considerably longer than the 2 weeks for one bag.

How long does a bag of megasorb last you?

A 35 litre bag of Bed O Linum if used properly is suitable for a 5ft x 2ft hutch, and if used in the whole hutch can last up to 2 weeks (some have reported longer). There is a 3 for 2 offer on it at the moment so that does make it a bit more econimical, but if you are just going to use it in litter trays it would obviously last considerably longer than the 2 weeks for one bag.

I have 17 bunnies :oops: :lol:....most use litter trays and a bag of megazorb lasts me about 10 days at the moment ....I suppose without trying it out I won't know :?

doh, i just found this thread - after i asked abot the duchess's trial on the original:oops:

order on its way:) think i need some treats for my honeybunny parcel too...

doh, i just found this thread - after i asked abot the duchess's trial on the original:oops:

order on its way:) think i need some treats for my honeybunny parcel too...

Hiya, just reponded on your other post.

I like it.

I can't tell you how economical it works out as I have 22 buns, 3 piggies, fosters and boarders and haven't been using it for all - I needed to see what I thought first.

For my piggies, I use it in litter trays with hay, the rest of their accommodation has vet bed, but I'd say it's going to compare very well value wise with Megazorb as you don't need much.

Deffo worth at least one try.

Hi, :wave:

I use carefresh in the litter tray for our indoor buns are the moment - do you think this one would be better? At the moment I'm doing their litter tray every day/other day.
I think Carefresh is really expensive.

Also, do any of you know if putting the litter waste in the compost attracts Foxes? I've always been a bit reluctant in case they start camping out in the bushes of the garden (it's a really big communal one and we do get them now and then).

well i've just ordered some, but not for my rabbits, to try in my rats litter trays though i think it will just be kicked every where but its worth a try!

I use carefresh in the litter tray for our indoor buns are the moment - do you think this one would be better? At the moment I'm doing their litter tray every day/other day.

Also, do any of you know if putting the litter waste in the compost attracts Foxes? I've always been a bit reluctant in case they start camping out in the bushes of the garden (it's a really big communal one and we do get them now and then).

I used carefresh once and hated it, this new bedding I'm now on a week, no smell and stays clean I bought a small bag and have used half the bag for 2 cleans. Just using it in hayloft though so not a huge space, but def the most used bathroom :lol:.

I shall be buying the big bags next time.

My piggies are in my room so need to smell there best and I have never found a bedding I can use this long for, and when I clean it I'm sure it can go longer!

I used carefresh once and hated it, this new bedding I'm now on a week, no smell and stays clean I bought a small bag and have used half the bag for 2 cleans. Just using it in hayloft though so not a huge space, but def the most used bathroom :lol:.

I shall be buying the big bags next time.

My piggies are in my room so need to smell there best and I have never found a bedding I can use this long for, and when I clean it I'm sure it can go longer!

i've placed my order today:D (how sad is it that i'm actually looking forward to trying this stuff out:lol:)

Yeah I totally agree, I need to clean Charlies litter tray every day/other day and Carefresh is expensive.

It seems to me like this lasts longer but is it any cheaper than Carefresh?

Back