• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what would be better....my 2 options

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Option 1: A double storey 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch in the night-time and a 7ft x 4ft run with a 4ftx2ft hutch inside it during the day

or

Option 2: A single storey 6ftx2ftx2ft hutch with a ramp leading down to a 6ftx6ft run which they'd have access to all the time

???

I'd say the second, it gives them 12sqft + 36sqft = 48sqft all the time
The other way they have 24sqft at night and 28sq ft in the day, neither of which is as big as the other combination :)

I'd say depends on the buns - if they like to snuggle up at night then they wont use the run so might prefer more space. If they're up and running around with the dawn, and like to be in the run for all weathers, i'd go for the permanently attached run.

I'm going with the second option...or might make my own hutch and make it 3 foot deep instead of 2 foot. Then they've got plenty of indoor and outdoor space.

Back