• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Painting the floor of an indoor wooden run

Nicole+Alex

Warren Scout
Hi, can I use any gloss paint or are some poisenous to rabbits? I want to paint my wooden floored indoor run to make it easier to clean. Thank you.

There are child-friendly paints(eg for painting a dolls house) which may be OK for rabbits too?

I personally think Crysta is right about bunnies scratching gloss paint off. I would imagine its toxic if eaten?
sue:wave:

When I've had lino before (admittedly it was just laying on top of a wooden floor, the bunnies thought it was an excellent idea to eat it. I'm scared that will be poisenous.

maybe put newspaper under the run to save the carpet and just clean the wooden indoor run floor as you do a hutch?
Hope others have some more suggestions for you. Sorry- I have only ever had outdoor buns. -sue:wave:

You can get paints that are no toxic to bunnies. It usually says so on the tin. I'm sure ronseal wood stuff is safe, but I would double check!

How about cuprinol shades - their animal friendly but lots of differnt colours not just brown like most wood stains.

Was it the lino edges they got? You can stop that by putting batons around the edge so they can't pull it up.

Back