• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bowl #3 (and a hutch problem)

rambo_barbie

Warren Scout
I have the worlds most destructive bunny. He has just broken bowl number two and I now need to go buy bowl number three. :(

(along with the senseless murder of three jingle balls, two carrot trees, a lovely soft bed and numerous other things including my bestest pair of socks) :roll:

Any suggestions where I can get a funky (and heavy angry-bunny proof) food bowl?? preferably one with 'DO NOT FEED ME' on it. or 'TAKE TO LONG WITH MY NOM NOMS, AND I HEADBUTT YOU'

also, just to get some opinions. I hand built a beautiful 6ft hutch for him, and then he got all cross, so I had him fixed and now he lives inside and is much better (apart from murdering inanimate objects) so now i have this hutch in my garage, practically new and totally unused apart from a month. he's litter trained so didn't even pee in it... advertised it online and in the local newsagents at £100. (i thought that was really cheap). Cost almost £200 to build etc.

I got offered £40 for it... and someone else said they loved it but couldn't spend that much. Am I being unreasonable??

I'm starting to feel guilty because i'd love to give it to a good home for free, but I really have to recoup some of the cost of bringing him indoors- equipment, neutering, a massive vets bill etc... and that's without getting the money back for the cost of building the hutch!

What do you think?

Instead of getting a food bowl get a treat ball. He can through that around as much as he likes and it won't break.

I have the worlds most destructive bunny. He has just broken bowl number two and I now need to go buy bowl number three. :(

(along with the senseless murder of three jingle balls, two carrot trees, a lovely soft bed and numerous other things including my bestest pair of socks) :roll:

Any suggestions where I can get a funky (and heavy angry-bunny proof) food bowl?? preferably one with 'DO NOT FEED ME' on it. or 'TAKE TO LONG WITH MY NOM NOMS, AND I HEADBUTT YOU'

also, just to get some opinions. I hand built a beautiful 6ft hutch for him, and then he got all cross, so I had him fixed and now he lives inside and is much better (apart from murdering inanimate objects) so now i have this hutch in my garage, practically new and totally unused apart from a month. he's litter trained so didn't even pee in it... advertised it online and in the local newsagents at £100. (i thought that was really cheap). Cost almost £200 to build etc.

I got offered £40 for it... and someone else said they loved it but couldn't spend that much. Am I being unreasonable??

I'm starting to feel guilty because i'd love to give it to a good home for free, but I really have to recoup some of the cost of bringing him indoors- equipment, neutering, a massive vets bill etc... and that's without getting the money back for the cost of building the hutch!

What do you think?

£100 is a brilliant price!!! :shock: I'd pay that happily!! (But you live nowhere near me! :roll:

You know how people are...they don't want to spend money on their rabbits!:roll::roll:

I have dog bowls for my buns.

I stopped using bowls as I had three rabbits trying to mash their heads into it and one always ended up left out. I scatter the pellets and make them find their own. Not had a problem since.

Re the hutch, that sounds like a really good price, so hold out for it. I'd be tempted too but as previously referenced, distance. :p

Back