• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marble needs some post neuter vibes :(

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Marble went in for his neuter today. Op went fine and he had pooed, wee'd and eaten a little when I picked him up.

We had been home about an hour when I noticed that he had blood on his nose. Picked him up to check underneath and there was loads of blood.:cry:

I rushed him back to the vets. His stitches are ok but one of his testicles was filled with blood and he had chewed at it and made it bleed.:cry:

He is home again now with a head collar on and pain killers given. He will eat a little if I offer it but he's not eating much. I'm really worried about him.

Any advice on how to help him eat with the collar on?

Poor lad :cry:

I agree with Jane, if you can supervise him for a short while, id let him have the collar off so he can eat :( I hope he'll be ok xXx

I am very reluctant to take off the collar in case I dont manage to put it back on ok. I have hand fed him some pellets and apple and he is managing to scoop up the spring greens with his collar.

Oh poor Marble! I hope he is feeling better soon.

Can we have some more piccies of him once he is better please?

Bless him :( Is he normally a good hay eater? Does he have hay in a rack he can reach? :( Poor lad. Hopefully in a few days he'll be ok to have his collar off :love: xXx

Back