• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's starting already... :(

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
In the last 2 weeks, we have been asked to help 4 rabbits find a new home.

One of them was, of course, Solomon who had to have his leg amputated.

One of them was a male we took in on Friday who has ear mites, a lump in his ear and bad teeth :( He was 'found' in someone's garden (yer right!)

I have just received a text from a woman who's rabbit we took in last year when she couldn't afford to pay for her to be stitched up after receiving a nasty cut from her 2 un-spayed hutch mates! Her friend wants to 'get rid' of her 2 rabbits.

This is really scaring me. I am petrified about all those rabbits who will be disgarded after the 'cute easter bunny' phase has worn off.

I am sure every single rescue out there is feeling exactly the same way :cry:

Why oh why does it have to be like this :cry:

its horrible isnt it, i feel so bad when i walk around my local rescue and see all the poor rabbits that have been abandoned and i also think how could someone do such a think. my two are my babies i love them so much and theres no way i would ever ever give them up they mean the world to me. it makes me so mad when i go into pets at home and see people buying rabbit and half the time i think i wonder how long it will be before they end up in a rescue.

Easter is such a bad time of year for bunnies and chicks and cute animals. Curse everyone who thinks its time to get rid of the old and get something new cute and fluffy. :( I hope the MMC Campaign does well this year. Its rubbish that rescues cant just shut down for a month or something but theyre there for the buns and not the people and its the buns that would suffer if they closed :(

hugge hugssssssss, its the time of dread for every rescue :(

I know and we're not even a rescue!!! :shock:

People have got to know that we have bunnies and just assume you will help them. I just hate to think what would happen to some of them if we didn't step in. Well, Solomon would have been put to sleep for one! :cry:

I know and we're not even a rescue!!! :shock: QUOTE]

i thought you were a rescue after reading the thread so people randomly come around and expect you to take their bunnies because they dont want them. that must be horrible for you

I work in a vets and people know I have my own bunnies. I have helped people in the past and many take advantage of this!

We like to do our bit to help but there is only so much you can physically do!

yea i know what they mean...they obviously know you love animals and expecially rabbits as you have them yourself so they know that you wont turn them away that must be a hard situation because obviously you cant keep taking in all these rabbits but you also dont want to turn them away as you dont no where they will end up.:(

yea i know what they mean...they obviously know you love animals and expecially rabbits as you have them yourself so they know that you wont turn them away that must be a hard situation because obviously you cant keep taking in all these rabbits but you also dont want to turn them away as you dont no where they will end up.:(

Exactly! :cry:

what annoys me is when they threaten YOU with the pet giving you the guilt trip for not taking THEIR pet, like they are doing you a favour, ooooooooooooooooo that makes me so angry that does :evil:

what annoys me is when they threaten YOU with the pet giving you the guilt trip for not taking THEIR pet, like they are doing you a favour, ooooooooooooooooo that makes me so angry that does :evil:

Yup...heard that one loads of times! :evil:

So sad. I wish the shops would not sell at Easter time. But then I suppose back yard breeders would then cash in. Sickening.

I know it will never happen, and it's probably not practical anyway from a rescue point of view but I wish that in the month leading up to Easter that no bunnies were sold at all, to anyone.

Poor bunnies. I hate Easter for that reason :(

I have had three friends try to get me to take thir bunnies in the last few weeks. I just keep telling myself that 4 was the limit :(

Back