• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Charging for Giving an 'Adopter Reference'...........??

Mine didnt when I asked for one to get Dutchie - mind you they have had plenty back form me in fees since then

wouldn't surprise me at all to be honest Jane.

My vets are doing everything they can to bleed their customers out of money. :evil: Its not the vets though, its the practice manager!! :censored:

If you want to adopt a hoomin baby and GP gives a reference (which they will as part of the process) it costs a lot more than that :lol::lol:

Thats digusting. Why can't people just do things out of the good of their heart anymore instead of trying to get personal gain for everything.

Today I had to stay for a 2 hours after school to write a reference for a student teacher we had in. I wouldnt dream of charging her for it!

:shock: £20.00 - that is over the top, I thought you were going to say a fiver or something - fair enough if you were asking for one every week but, if it's once in a blue moon, then it is not good practice - where's the common sense, if you adopt the animal they will more than cover their cost of the reference probably in the lifetime of the animal being registered at the vet:? I wouldn't pay that I don't think.

Some sort of charge wouldn's surprise me - it is essentially staking their reputation that they consider you a suitable animal owner - but £20 seems a little steep. I'd expect a £10 for the trouble of doing the paperwork.

i think thats terrible!! mine have done it a couple of tmes and don't charge me a penny! At the end of the day by helping you adopt another bunny they get a new patient!

This person is giving £45 x2 adoption fees to the Rescue (fare enough as Rabbits are neutered and Myxo vaccinated) and now £20 to the Vets !!!

So thats over £100 :shock:

Some sort of charge wouldn's surprise me - it is essentially staking their reputation that they consider you a suitable animal owner - but £20 seems a little steep. I'd expect a £10 for the trouble of doing the paperwork.

Vikkivet your a meany!:lol: Just kidding, i suppose I am thinking it's well expensive as it would take me approx 5 minutes to knock something like that up and what 2p for a sheet of paper? Wouldn't it make better business sense to charge £5 and maybe a £5 donation to an animal charity.

This person is giving £45 x2 adoption fees to the Rescue (fare enough as Rabbits are neutered and Myxo vaccinated) and now £20 to the Vets !!!

So thats over £100 :shock:

Yep and they wonder why people nip down to the local pet shop instead - very sad state of affairs I think to charge that much. Greedy is the word that springs to mind.

I really do live in a bubble of unreality when it comes to Vet Fees as my Vet is so non money grabbing.

I think that is lovely, when you can find a genuine nice vet that is in the profession for love of animals and wanting to help them. Sounds like a long-term winner all round to me that type of vet.:love:

If the vet is getting two new patients, I think its not on. Why is the rescue needing a vet references, are they not home-checking?

Vikkivet your a meany!:lol: Just kidding, i suppose I am thinking it's well expensive as it would take me approx 5 minutes to knock something like that up and what 2p for a sheet of paper? Wouldn't it make better business sense to charge £5 and maybe a £5 donation to an animal charity.

sorry, i didnt mean I would want a tenner, i mean thats what i expect a vet to charge. Trust me, we have enough paper work to do, and there really isnt enough time in the day. mostly they charge just so people dont ask flippantly and they end up with loads. its also quite hard when you dont actually know the client very well but dont feel you can interrogate them either :?
I would definately stay well away from pre-purchase checks for example - more hassle than they are worth!

Back